PDA

View Full Version : Flight Schools in USA: Does it matter how long it takes to grad. from flight schools?

Omar Malash
19th Dec 2009, 18:06
Hey guys,

How you all doing? I hope great!

Of course all you guys know how popular it is to get your aviation license from the USofA..and accordingly there are lots and lots of schools over there; however its hard to find one you can actually trust to give you a good training that will give you a good future as an Airline pilot. Do you guys know all the advertisments that they have about finishing in a short period of time? i.e. "GET YOUR CPL in LESS THAN 10 MONTHS NOW!" ...On the contrary, I find other schools that give you your full ATPL in 2 years. So what do you Professional Pilots have to say about that? is it an advantage or a disadvantage to get into something like that? and why? I heard two sides of course. But Ill let you guys know when I hear your responses first.

Thanks so much guys,

Warm Regards ,

Omar Malash

ab33t
20th Dec 2009, 14:56
Why worry , just get it done , look for good reviews and do it. Most of the outcome depends on you and how well you apply yourself. Yes instruction does play a part , I still believe that what you do plays the larger role

DA-10mm
21st Dec 2009, 02:38
zero hours to CPL-ME inside of 9 months is the norm where i teach.
pm me if ya want details

Fitnesspilot737
21st Dec 2009, 11:33
I did FAA CPL multi and single IR from zero in 5 1/2 months recently. I have managed to complete all 14 JAA Atpl exams also and currently I am finishing my JAA CPL IR. I did this in under 1 year total. Its very possible. Saying that I committed to it full-time. Best of luck....

Omar Malash
23rd Dec 2009, 22:26
Hey guys,

Well, you know what...I think what you all are saying makes so much since, now that I think about it that way. Ok there is one thing left though, do airline companies care about how long you took school or how good the school's reputation is ? or what ? Like if you are an entry-level (cadet), what does the airline look for ? just good grades on your ATPLs ?

While we are on the subjects of schools that finish in a short period?...should any good schools come to mind guys, please let me know..I currently in spazz stage when it comes to these things. :)

Thanks a looot! :)

Omar Malash