PDA

View Full Version : EK, is this true? (The Silver Lunch-box thread)

thatwasclose
18th Dec 2009, 15:29
First let me point out that I am not saying the following is true. I heard that a F/O shared a ride with a Cpt after the flight. The F/O has been in the habit of giving the silver lunch box to the driver when does not use it himself. As the Cpt was dropped off he took a picture with his cell phone of the F/O and the driver and called the FDM. The F/O is now in hot water for stealing company stuff.
Has anybody heard this? Can it really be true?:\

dubaiwilli
18th Dec 2009, 15:40
I am not there when it happend like anyone else however this sound typicall ME / EK staff ! Again, welcome to the ME !

SOMI58
18th Dec 2009, 22:08
I heard the whole story from a first officer who happens to be a close friend of the first officer involved.The captain is an Italian guy with a reputation for such demeanor.Guess he was trying to be more loyal than the king himself.
Shame on him.

GoreTex
19th Dec 2009, 02:43
cant believe the story, who was it? any proof?

Sheikh Your Bootie
19th Dec 2009, 03:50
It maybe the same bloke Habibis, that reported a cleaner for nibbling on a curled up sandwich at the end of a ULR flight, that a mate of mine was on. Same part of the world he was from. T7 Captain.
Must be on a personal crusade, I mean I understand not nicking mags and full bottles of water etc, its in the FOM. But what a sad individual. :ugh::ugh:

SyB :zzz:

kingpost
19th Dec 2009, 05:53
If you make an statement like this, it's time to name and shame. If yu don't want to use his name post his staff number.

QNH1013
19th Dec 2009, 06:35
Agreed with the staff number post. Got to watch my back with these sad individuals in future.

EGGW
19th Dec 2009, 08:29
No naming please gents. Even though some may think they know the individual concerned. Outing will not be allowed.

EGGW

palm
19th Dec 2009, 09:47
Its true yes, I know the Captain, Italian and in the Cie for quiet a long time...:}

Volverine
19th Dec 2009, 10:02
You have to be a real mental to do this !
Shame on him.
And he his the COMMANDER of a more than 350 PASSENGERS flying ship ?
SCARY MAN !:=

Fellowship of the drink
19th Dec 2009, 12:22
Post his company accomodation (or at least the area). people can work it out from there...:E

Kamelchaser
19th Dec 2009, 12:33
Just mention the flight he was on.

The dork deserves it.

skytango1
19th Dec 2009, 13:28
What car does he drive,colour,make...??Registration probably??
Good posts fellas....

Bring Back The Biff
19th Dec 2009, 13:45
The last three numbers of his staff number should be enough....

fatbus
19th Dec 2009, 14:43
yes just the flt number will do

5star
19th Dec 2009, 15:14
I do this all the time and I don't see the problem...When you board you get your sandwitches and your water bottle and, as far as I'm concerned, they are YOURS. Most of the tray is pure crap food anyway so I wouldn't recommend anyone eating it, just the candybar worth keeping for the driver.
I really wanna know who this is. :yuk:

EGGW : you have to allow us to post at least the initials or the flight# of the sucker who reported the FO.

springbok449
19th Dec 2009, 15:20
This guy is bad news, must be the same guy/flight a good mate of mine was on...
This guy needs to be taken down a dark alley and a few quiet words spoken to him...
Disgraceful behavior, watch your backs guys!

mensaboy
19th Dec 2009, 15:35
If the Capt thought his colleague's actions were not in the company's best interest, or against company policy, he should have spoken to the F/O. What a poor excuse of a Commander this guy must be. Shame on him!

Union Jack
19th Dec 2009, 16:01
When you board you get your sandwitches

Is that any way to talk about your lovely cabin crew?:)

Jack

5star
19th Dec 2009, 16:18
:ok:
count me in for T&B.

freddi16
19th Dec 2009, 16:48
write the name of this cpt,in this forum

Murrenfan
19th Dec 2009, 17:25
He is famous among cabin crew. He sits on the table with them and participates on their briefing instead of worry about his own briefing.
Any clue? (GB)

TurboDAWG
19th Dec 2009, 17:33
I am shocked....Specially As we are just around Christmas. The spirit and season of giving.....

What goes around comes around.....

Turbo

T O G A Boy
19th Dec 2009, 23:07
If this is true, then this Captain is truly an apology for a human being. Disgusting soul and surely a low life with nothing better to do.
To report someone who put a smile on to a less fortunate human's face by giving him snacks.
This is simply disgusting and he needs to be taught a GOOD lesson from his colleagues...

GMDS
20th Dec 2009, 03:30
Allthough this seems to be a very low example of our species, let's not go too far. It seems to me that there is a lot of substitute venting towards this creep that would mainly go direction one or two equally low creatures sitting higher up the food chain.
For those who really want, it's easy to get his identity and then tell him directly what you feel. That's called educated and civilised social behavior.
For sure that is something I long to do with managers who have even less respect for fellow workers as this creep. Just read the latest drivel from one of them (Cabin Crew “Resting” in The Flight Deck ). I will not publish the content because it's not legal and it would scare away too many potential collegues we desperately need ...
... and they have unilateral repressive powers they use without any remorse or justice. That's called dictatorship.

Bypass ratio
20th Dec 2009, 03:50
GMDS,

I thought the whole exercise was to discourage as many pilots as possible from coming here?, and just quietly, I think we've done a pretty good job so far. Okay, if you need a puppet show so you understand, imagine me standing in front of you in the non-muslim section of Spinneys with a puppet on each hand:

The less pilots that are attracted to this dump = better terms & conditions for all of us
:ok:

Brutus 5
20th Dec 2009, 04:03
I would like to do a layover in Lagos with him!!!!!:eek:

palm
20th Dec 2009, 04:18
Poor idiot captain, I feel ashamed for this guy. :=

trimotor
20th Dec 2009, 04:53
Part II of this excellent story, and the bit that leaves me with a glimmer of hope that there is some perspective applied in the head-shed, is that the 'report' from the tosser Capt apparently made it well above the FDM, at which point the reporting Capt was told (in no uncertain terms, apparently) to stop wasting their time, as there were much bigger issues to deal with.

Hooray.

GMDS
20th Dec 2009, 05:48
@Bypass ratio
I hope most pilots are a little more skilled in detecting satyre.

@trimotor
yeah, sure, bigger issues! Like for instance cabin crew resting in the cockpit when completely shattered, instead of filing a ridiculous fatigue report that would be dealt with post mortem.

helen-damnation
20th Dec 2009, 06:19
It's sadly indicative of the company's management style that the FDMs, who are good people trying to do their own job, felt they had to pass the report up the line.
In a better culture, they would have "forgotten" about it or maybe it would have got "lost" in other things.

I heard the story a few days ago. What was he thinking:confused:

Thank God someone put him in his place.

trimotor
20th Dec 2009, 07:04
GMDS: whether bigger issues exist by your reckoning or not, and whether they are being dealt with or not is irrelevant: the point is that, assuming all is true, someone senior saw sense.

The Zohan
20th Dec 2009, 08:32
Guys, just to get the facts right.

It was not just the pilot's lunch box but a bag of food and sealed juices from F or J class.

Having said that, I agree with most of the things that have been posted so far.

We shouldn't do such things to each other.

TZ

EK Snorkel
20th Dec 2009, 21:00
Someone in the back must have been reporting it to enhance their genetic scumminess.

On several occasions I had some IFS (Chicken or Beef Department) supervisor attending the crew briefing, I would not be surprised if these guys file reports about the captains briefing.

The interference in EK with the captains authority is sickening and is getting worse bye the day. It is time to put IFS into their place:=

Enough said

kingoftheslipstream
22nd Dec 2009, 01:43
Ladies 'n gents

Let's be clear: the FOM strictly prohibits the actions taken by the FO in this incident.

No matter what yer political er charitable sympathies may be, yer a dead duck when you violate the FOM.:ugh:

Notwithstanding the above... when a Commander comes 'cross an FO who's makin' a mistake, I reckon it's the Commanders responsibility to take some time 'n discretion to tune the guy or gal up a little. That's an important character issue in this matter. Give the guy/gal a little friendly guidance 'n let the matter be.

Murrenfan's post, a few previous is a very good initial post...:ok: and the feller's nationality previously stated is correct and I can state fer the record he's... (what else? ... sigh) drivin' metal of the American manufactured tradition... rhymes with: going:yuk:

BTW, ... got some new Italian snow tires fer my truck: dago through sand, dago through mud, dago through snow and when dago flat... they go wop wop wop!:E

Have a nice day:)

Brutus 5
22nd Dec 2009, 03:48
I agree the FOM states all this wonderful things what we may and may not do. The issue here is that this so called captain is an idiot to report things like that. If it was a flightsafety issue that affects the safety of the aircraft that he's in charge of, another story. If you want to report people about things like that, go join the police force. But fortunately my view in life, and it proves itself every day, THE WHEEL TURNS. So enjoy it while it lasts!!!!!!:D

ekpilot
22nd Dec 2009, 06:44
It is creating distrust. You can feel it everywhere. Everybody is on their guards because you can get reported at any time by anybody. This is what is going on in this beautiful place. Every flight you meet new people. In the flight deck, and in the cabin. All you can expect is that one of them can report you. That is what it is. If it is not by a person it is by the elements that you are exposed to as a pilot that can get you. The company created that environment. Easy to manage since the crew are doing the job of making sure you have control of what's going on. Live with it. And if you're not happy you can leave:yuk: Tic Toc Tic Toc it's coming coming just a matter of time.

Keep Recovering at 90+ hours a month :ok:

5star
22nd Dec 2009, 07:43
Murrenf and Kingo.

Thanks for the info. All we needed. :ok:
That said, the FO should also know by now that anything from the cabin cannot be taken off board. However, I will continue taking my candybar home for my audi driver who's doing 12hr shifts daily and is paid $300 per MONTH.
This company is going down the drain and it's fueled by the actions by a few in our dear managment. AAR,TCAS,ED to name a few...We've all seen it going downhill so fast last 12 months that we are now at a level I even didn't see in the military. :=
The biggest mistake in my career coming here. :{

411A
23rd Dec 2009, 06:27
Taking of company property OFF of the airplane is generally considered by many (most) airlines as a no-no.
The crew catering (of whatever type) is provided for your benefit whilst on duty, not after.

If a FD crew member (or, CC for that matter) continue to take catering OFF at the end of duty, these crew absolutely deserve to be warned one time only...if repeated, dismissed.

This is in many airlines written policy.

It really is that simple.

Generally, to remove catering from the airplane at the end of duty is considered theft of company property and crew should be handled accordingly.

PorkKnuckle
23rd Dec 2009, 06:36
generally considered ......many (most) airlines.....many airlines written policy.... Generally, to remove....

*yawn* :zzz:

Why are you boring us with your generalisations AGAIN? So what is the EK policy? What is their policy wrt removal of bottled water on a layover? You don't know do you? That's why we laugh at you! :rolleyes: :D

Schibulsky
23rd Dec 2009, 07:30
Dear A411 and other wannabe managers, here is how one of my ex-airline (inofficially) used to handle the issue:

After landing CC at the forward galley was responsible for mixing a nice big Evian bottle of booze and juice for the drive to the hotel.
Result: Happy but sometimes ****faced crew!:cool:

The left over candy bars, drinks etc were given to ground handlers, drivers, cleaners, engineers and hotel staff.
Result: Happy ground staff that got us brilliant handling!:ok:

Thats just two improvements in motivation and productivity for PEANUTS!!!!
Something the bean counters will never understand:ugh:

ironbutt57
23rd Dec 2009, 16:10
remember the TWA story where the 20yr+ seniority FA was sacked for grabbing a small carton of milk from the gash bag and taking it home..she picketed outside Carl Icahn's house...how fast we lose the plot

Bus429
23rd Dec 2009, 16:26
Off thread a little but I was put off galley raiding at EK while working in Line Maintenance at DXB in the early 90s. I was very fond of the chocolates left in the FC fridge and would partake often. However, one evening, in my rush, I placed what I discovered was a half-masticated chocolate in my gob. The result? I was cured of my addiction.
Warnings about galley raids were issued to maintenance staff at EK and every other company I've worked for.
The cabin staff of customer airlines we used to maintain on the line at MAN were usually great; sandwiches, chocolate and biscuits often handed to us as they got off. One airlines' staff - an American carrier - would leave all sorts of breakfast goodies for us in one of the hatracks.

411A
23rd Dec 2009, 16:28
That's why we laugh at you!

Laugh all you like, PorkKnuckle...after all, it is the outsiders that have the last laugh (and laugh the most at EK antics), as we don't work for EK.;)

Trader
23rd Dec 2009, 16:32
It really is a balancing act!!!!! Many companies do now prohibit taking anything off the aircraft since a 1 dhm (or $1 can of Coke) costs a fair bit more when it is catered.

The problem is not the guy taking his wrapped lunch off the aircraft or even the odd bottle of water or can of coke. The problem is when EVERYONE does it. Or worse, they stash their bags full of the stuff.

I watched several GF FA's taking FULL bottles of olive oil with them (sometimes cracked open to make it look better - as if). The third time I finally said something and he reluctantly put it away.

So a company has a difficult time managing that. If there is no company reg. on the issue then they can't discipline or fire the few idiots who go way overboard. So they draft up a reg and some feel they are ogres.

It looks like in this case someone in management realized teh case was such and nothing came of it---which is a good result.

As for the idiot who reported him---may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits.