PDA

View Full Version : Ek profits will....

Taylor01
16th Dec 2009, 21:19
Maybe I missed this a few days ago..and in the "commanders meeting"
gulfnews : Emirates expects profits to cross $1b (http://gulfnews.com/business/economy/emirates-expects-profits-to-cross-1b-1.542533)

if it is a repeat sorry. But I am glad to know we will be getting a profit share so we can spend it on our 8 days off......:ugh:

Marooned
17th Dec 2009, 02:05
This is mainly for public consumption and one to offset the negative publicity of recent events and push up the share price in any eventual public offering. They operate to their own accountancy rules so they can say what they want but I don't think many will buy it.

Nakheel use to say the same sort of crap and look at them now and if EK default on any debts or a/c payments no doubt they will become an entirely private company and no responsibility of the government too.

Gulf Course
17th Dec 2009, 02:48
I'd have thought any profit will be going straight to Abu Dhabi

troff
17th Dec 2009, 09:24
Profits certainly won't be going in the pockets of the hard working crew.
So much for saving jam, chocolates, creamers, etc.
Why are those posters up everywhere around Ops?
"Thanks to you, we saved x,xxx,xxx dhms in yogurt (or whatever) last year"
It's insulting.
T

Payscale
17th Dec 2009, 14:33
Why would you feel insulted over that?

boeingoriaintgoing
18th Dec 2009, 18:17
Did anyone read Friday's Khaleej Times?Mohammed Orders State-linked Firms to Transfer Surplus to Govt Treasury (http://epaper.khaleejtimes.com/KT/KT/2009/12/18/ArticleHtmls/18_12_2009_001_007.shtml?Mode=0)
His Highness installed law 35 of 2009 which now requires all profitable companies owned by the Dubai government to hand over all profits to the state fund. If you're wondering if Emirates is on the list of companies, look no further than page 30. Emirates Airlines heads the prestigious list. I guess we won't be seeing any profit reports and chest beating by the company anymore, nor profit sharing for that matter. :D Just another reason to make you want to come here if you don't need the job.:ugh:The good news is that those greedy bastards in Abu Dhabi, who didn't over-extend themselves and now find themselves bailing out their brothers up north, won't get their grubby paws on our hard earned money directly from us.:= They'll be getting it directly from His Highness himself now.:D

trimotor
19th Dec 2009, 05:26
Unless there was something I missed, there will be no profit share, because there was no profit share target set anyway...

fatbus
19th Dec 2009, 07:46
Did not want to post a loss target, so this year should be 1 bil US profit

PositiveRate876
19th Dec 2009, 13:21
EK not affected

CORRECTED-(OFFICIAL)-UPDATE 1-Dubai seeks govt dept surpluses | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE5BG26O20091217)

Sonny Hammond
20th Dec 2009, 05:45
Is US$1 bill the same as a US one dollar bill??? :}

woodja51
20th Dec 2009, 09:15
is 1 bill the same???.... well it might be eventually if the boys in the US of A keep printing money like there's no tomorrow...!!

but would be nice to see profit share next year.... wishful thinking I guess...

such is life ..

WJA

Ketek400
20th Dec 2009, 23:42
Heard from a source there will be no increase and no bonus this year!!!!! AGAIN!!!

trimotor
21st Dec 2009, 04:52
..but some of the oxygen theives at govt institutions are getting 70%, and Ek is in profit.