PDA

View Full Version : Mach loop - thurs 17 Dec...

cokecan
16th Dec 2009, 14:47
anybody know if its worth nipping over to the Mach loop tomorrow to catch a glimpse of fast pointy thing things and their God-like drivers?

Fat Chris
16th Dec 2009, 15:02
"God-like"?

Dweeb. I hope it's raining.

cornish-stormrider
16th Dec 2009, 15:18
Point of order - Fast Jet interfaces are "sons of valhalla" and therefore to be regarded by us mere mortals as gods.

Anything less would mean we were actually the same species as the pond life that is "talented enough" to ride the tip of the spear.

I do believe there are variants of a comment along the lines of something about monkeys and space shuttles and engineering.

Oh and for the unknowing, Interfaces refers to the SSBI or Seat/Stick Biological Interface.

The best description for aircrew is to be found over on Arrse (ahem, my apologies)

And back to the thread, if you are off to the loop I would take warm clothing and anti fog coatings for the camera

Fat Chris
16th Dec 2009, 15:26
FJ = People (Pilots?) Of No Tactical Importance

Sons of Vera Duckworth might be a better analogy C-S, never mind Val, whats-er-name.

Braddersb
16th Dec 2009, 15:40
Jealous spotters

Fat Chris
16th Dec 2009, 15:43
There's no jealousy, just the ability to discern between fact and fiction.

And it's almost Christmas; I have to pretend to like the buggers for a couple of days, so I'd better get some sniping in before the 'love-in' and present-swap.

:}

betty swallox
16th Dec 2009, 17:46
Jeez. There really is some complete bollocks on pprune these days. Come on guys, if you've got nothing to say, rather than puerile ramblings, don't post. It's really really getting absurdly pathetic! Grow up, or shut up!
Bring back the days when pprune was worth reading...

Fat Chris
16th Dec 2009, 18:40
betty, if you don't want to join in then keep it to yourself.

Jog along now, there's a good little princess.

High_Expect
16th Dec 2009, 20:32
I can’t comment for the rest of the Air Force (all three of them after these cuts) but you certainly won’t see much from Valley. Fast pointy things cease flying at 12.