PDA

View Full Version : CASA flight crew licence wallets

LambOfGod
16th Dec 2009, 06:13
Hello, dear PPRuners.

It hase come to my attention that I'd like to purchase a licence wallet for my medical and SPL. So, I thought I'd by a good/proper one, and I Googled and up came Casa.
PDF (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=qKo&resnum=0&q=casa%20licence%20wallet&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw&tbo=0) - First link

- $15??

So is that just for the wallet, does it say PPL on it? Seems a little to formal:} Why do they need my ARN? Will that be printed on the front?

Cheers anyone who can help out:ok:

AussieNick
16th Dec 2009, 06:19
just rock up to a CASA office, they generally have them in stock.

Mine has Flight Crew Licence printed on it in gold. wallet is green.

bout $15 if memory serves me correctly

The Green Goblin
16th Dec 2009, 06:49
Just never update it :ok:

My licence stills says I'm a CPL with no instrument rating, no type endorsements and no ratings whatsoever.

I'm not forking out $25 for a replacement licence every renewal!

pistanbroke
16th Dec 2009, 06:50
With any paper that has to be inserted into a plastic sleeve, like the CASA license wallets, lightly rub some talcum powder on the paper prior to insertion into the sleeve. Not only will your wallet smell pretty, the ink will not come off the page and the paper will not stick to the plastic. You will be able to remove and insert all the paper changes (that you are willing to pay for) into your wallet for many years to come. Guaranteed.:ok:

LambOfGod
16th Dec 2009, 08:00
Ok thanks alot.

It seems like people realy do hate CASA here... And is it a legal requirement to have all your endorsements up to date. ie, pay the $25?

Just confirming, say I was to purchase it, they post it for free and its only the wallet?

rmcdonal
16th Dec 2009, 08:07
You do not need a current licence to fly. All you need is a licence. So if you get a new endo then you can still fly on your old licence as long as your log book is stamped appropriately. Saves $25 each time you get something new. :ok:

737 wannabe
16th Dec 2009, 08:32
I did have the cheaper green license holder until recently I upgraded to the more expensive leather Airservices license holder ($50). As has been mentioned here ink sticks to the plastic in the cheaper holder and looks a bit untidy. In my opinion the leather one is worth the money if you're in it for the long term. It looks much more professional.

I recommend Skylines at Moorabbin. Great service and everything you need.

DH 200'
16th Dec 2009, 08:44
The Airservices licence holder is the go. Looks better, does the job and is of a lot higher quality than the CASA wallet.

training wheels
16th Dec 2009, 09:03
Just confirming, say I was to purchase it, they post it for free and its only the wallet?

Free postage? I doubt it. The words 'CASA' and 'free' in the same sentence .. never!

And yes, it's just the wallet. If you want a printout of your license, it will cost you $25. Any other places, it would probably cost about 25 cents to print an A4 page but at CASA, it's $25! :mad:

kingRB
16th Dec 2009, 09:31
Another +1 for Airservices licence holder.

I think they actually guarantee that the ink wont stick to the plastic pages like other crappier ones

PA39
16th Dec 2009, 20:51
:confused:When i was ramped and produced my ink smudged, pages stuck together licence the FOI asked "What is this" to which i replied "Don't blame me you guys made it". I just keep an open page for my medical.

Counter-rotation
16th Dec 2009, 23:38
I still have my old "credit card" licence - I just carry that, and my medical (for domestic ops)

CR

Lasiorhinus
16th Dec 2009, 23:43
If you iron the pages before you put them into the wallet, it will prevent the toner from transferring onto the plastic sleeves.

LambOfGod
17th Dec 2009, 01:44
Maybe I'll buy the wallet from Skylines for $12.. Gotta check shipping first..

The Green Goblin
17th Dec 2009, 01:50
Just go to your local pilot shop or CASA office.

They all have them!

LambOfGod
17th Dec 2009, 04:44
CASA office?

Local pilot shop.. Well actualy, the closest is probably DownunderPilotShop at Darling Harbour.. But they aint have any according to there site..

longrass
17th Dec 2009, 07:11
$25 for a license print out? Since when, went into casa with dad the other day, hasn't flown for 15 years, they printed out his flight crew license for free!

It was complete with SE <5700, B55/58, Dove, Bristol Freighter, DC3, DC4, Constant Speed, but no RG, he questioned it, the casa bloke, who used to work for dad said, oh that can't be right, so went and added it, along with bongo and partenavia without asking any questions!

LambOfGod
17th Dec 2009, 08:55
they printed out his flight crew license for free!My flying school tells/bitches how crappy CASA are and I have always had the best help from them..

And thats a prety old school list:ok: Will he fly again?

Xcel
17th Dec 2009, 11:05
iron the back of the licence before inserting it...

ink side down run a warm iron over it and bobs your uncle...

Old Akro
26th Feb 2014, 20:48
It seems like people realy do hate CASA here...

That would be an understatement.

And don't forget if the new Part 61 licencing regs get through in September there will be a new licence format with (inevitably) new charges to change to it.

Pinky the pilot
27th Feb 2014, 00:08
And don't forget if the new Part 61 licencing regs get through in September there will be a new licence format with (inevitably) new charges to change to it.

Nothing surprises me anymore re the antics of CASA but I would be pleasantly surprised if they brought back the old style licence folder which could fit quite easily into a shirt pocket. That would be the only pleasant thing about it though.

I still have my old one, issued in 1982.

compressor stall
27th Feb 2014, 08:26
$328.14? Does it come with a preprinted license?

bankrunner
27th Feb 2014, 12:13
I'm sure it does if you pay that $328.14 to the right bloke at CASA, but it's cash only and don't expect a receipt :E

Humbly Reserved
27th Feb 2014, 13:17
I hope that comes with a licence to kill for 328 smackeroos!

smiling monkey
28th Feb 2014, 02:45
I bought mine for $15 about 8 years ago. So what's so special about this one that makes it so exoensive? Even if it was made of leather with better quality pocket sleeves wouldn't make it worth that much.

dibloc
28th Feb 2014, 03:05
Probably comes with a sense of humour and the ability to spot a typo.

compressor stall
28th Feb 2014, 15:12
Ah yes, should be $3281.40

Oktas8
28th Feb 2014, 19:39
Some years ago I decided to get an EASA license holder. They are good quality and use a dimpled plastic sleeve which doesn't stick to paper.

Some people think that $60,000 is too much just for a license holder.

But I say, those people are lacking in commitment. ;)

privateer01
28th Feb 2014, 23:12
I still have the ratty old holder I got when my Australian ATP was issued.

My partner bought it for me. So I'll probably use it till it disintegrates

Has her picture in one of the back pages.

Does it look unprofessional? Probably.

Oh well I have 3 licenses from other countries that look better.

In 25 yrs. no one has asked to see licenses other than regulators.

Pinky the pilot
1st Mar 2014, 11:43
Oh well I have 3 licenses from other countries that look better.

Interesting you should say that, privateer01. I have a Japanese PPL that IMHO looks far more professional that both my Australian and PNG CPL folders.:hmm:

Makes ya wonder!

lawn_dart
23rd Nov 2014, 20:52
The new part 61 licence has so many pages it doesn't fit in my old casa wallet...not to mention the medical. Does anyone know if the airservices wallet or any others fit everything?

deadcut
23rd Nov 2014, 22:24
Dart,

The ASA wallet fits everything if you combine some of the assessment pages with the tables.

Chocks Away
23rd Nov 2014, 23:20
Doesn't fit the CASA wallet ? :confused:
...and I only recently bought one after years of holding-off, keeping it easily in A4 format in my flight Docs. :}
Going around in circles aren't we... :ugh:
The 1980's pocket sized licence mentioned previously on here, was the best. In fact I've still got it to prove dates & sign-offs. Then, like now, examiners/checkies signed out any work you did.

...then we went the white "plastic fantastic" credit card style, which EnZed still have but of a higher standard card... then...

(Time for a vino, me thinks :bored:)

thorn bird
24th Nov 2014, 03:52
Saw someone in WA wandering about with their ASIC copied on a T shirt.
Maybe we could do the same with the licence.

Put a whole new meaning to bin there done that, got the T Shirt.:E

cockney steve
24th Nov 2014, 09:42
the casa bloke, who used to work for dad

Abit of a clue, right there! :p