PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia (malaysia)

piratepete
16th Dec 2009, 04:12
Does anyone have any info on AAs current hiring activity and where the bases are....cheers and thanks, PP.

lpokijuhyt
16th Dec 2009, 07:38
You have too much experience. You will not be called. They prefer low hour cadets who will work for peanuts. Unfortunate, but that is the way it is now.

kwaiyai
16th Dec 2009, 11:48
send me a PM Pete Pls, Regds.

SuperflyTNT
16th Dec 2009, 12:08
Hey,

I have a doubt over here about AirAsia. Do they only recruit Malaysian Nationals or can nationals from other countries apply too. I heard from a friend of mine, who's friend is a Malay citizen. He's trying for a F/O rank at AirAsia and I've been told by him that he will be recruited by them if he is willing to pay for his own type rating. Is this true ? Please do let me know. Aprreciate it!

training wheels
16th Dec 2009, 12:19
They train their own cadets at various flight schools in Malaysia and have just sent a dozen cadets to train in Australia. Having said that, there have been a handful of non-cadets that's got in through CAE.

https://pilot.cae.com/Careers.aspx

That may be explains why they don't respond to emails etc .. no shortage of candidates.

who's friend is a Malay citizen

and the correct term is 'Malaysian Citizen' ... not Malay (Malay refers to a race of people).

brasmelzuit
16th Dec 2009, 12:32
I know many Indonesian flying for Air Asia there (Malaysia), but none of Malaysian flying for Indonesia Air Asia.

tony2F
16th Dec 2009, 18:05
I find it very, very strange that CAE continue to advertise posts with Air Asia which doesnt state the exact, clear and truthfull requirements that are required to take up a post in Air Asia, as the Malaysian Authorities have made it clear that ex pats for FO positions are not allowed. I am one of about 12 at least, that I know who successfully passed the CAE interviews only to be left high and dry at the end, "sorry no visa" after being clearly told we had an exemption, or was that just to get the cheque!!! We are waiting now a year. The ban continues and every day that passes I get even more pissed off at CAE. They say they are trying to place us but the lack of communication and the way they ignore emails is terrible.

:(

kwaiyai
17th Dec 2009, 02:49
hmmm usual C:mad: where the Company doesnt check with DCA first:=
My Company hired a few Non Malaysian FO but now thats supposedly been stopped too.

austra1998
17th Dec 2009, 08:12
tony?
cae did that to me as well when i crash against indigo! they kept the position on their site for a few months after india closed to expact FO.

stay in there...i know its painfull...but eventually it will work out.

all the best,

austra

tony2F
17th Dec 2009, 18:06
Kwaiyai, thats the thing, they said they did and told us it was all sorted....:=

austra1998, good to hear it all worked out for you, how long did you wait and where did you end up, pm me if you like.. thanks

mossimo
18th Dec 2009, 00:00
Sorry for the thread drift. Does anyone have any info about the screening process? Sim eval, interview, and written test. Thank you