PDA

View Full Version : Flying schools ,Brisbane ,Australia

prophead123
16th Dec 2009, 01:42
I am looking to start a PPl in the new year and was hoping anyone out there , would possibly know a good flying school they would recommend?

RED WINGS
16th Dec 2009, 21:08
Gil Layts was always an excellent friendly place look them up!

Ozalby
17th Dec 2009, 05:05
My understanding is that there are pretty much just 3 options at Archerfield (please someone, correct me if I'm wrong...) or else there's Redcliffe..

At Archerfield, you have Flight Traning Aust - pretty good, large fleet, quite a few International students, so sometimes domestics take 2nd place. I believe thay have improved over the last few months though. RQAC (Royal QLD Aero Club) - They have a big contract with Griffith Uni and this seems to be the priority. I personally found their customer service appalling, but you may have a better experience.. Sunland Aviation - much smaller school. Their office looks like something from the 70's but their have some nice planes (Cirrus's) and offer a more personalised service.. just depends what you're looking for. Not sure if Gil Layts does much training anymore??

I hear good things about flyiong at the Redcliffe Aero club if your on the north side.. no landing fees and apparently good fleet. Don't know much about them.

Good luck!!

wildcard11
9th Jan 2010, 09:36
You should also check out Flight One near Laytt's at archerfield. They seem to be doing quite a bit more flying recently then some of the other smaller companies.
If you are doing a PPL then I would suggest a smaller company like Flight one, Laytt's or Sunland as the flexability they offer may not be replecated by the bigger schools. Which in turn is going to bite them if you decide to continue onto the CPL level or look for extra endosements.

Good Luck :ok: