PDA

View Full Version : One for all you dreamers

Frank Arouet
15th Dec 2009, 00:35
Civil N registered Su 27 for sale.

Pride Aircraft: Sukhoi SU-27 Flankers for Sale (http://www.prideaircraft.com/flanker.htm)

nomorecatering
15th Dec 2009, 01:03
Would CASA allow such a beast to be registered and flown in Oz?

rmcdonal
15th Dec 2009, 01:18
Just in time for Christmas! :ok:

Erin Brockovich
15th Dec 2009, 02:07
So what’s a "qualified buyer"? Do I need to drive up in a Rolls, or do I need a Su-27 endo?

Section28- BE
15th Dec 2009, 02:41
Not sure- but I would reckon they expect something along the lines of a G550 arrival (at minimum), accompanied by a slightly eccentric disposition- without drifting into certifiable:eek::eek:, then they may whisper the price.....................

Don't think they'd be running the LCC program- You should expect/demand the endorsement thrown in as an act of good faith..........., or you may send some colleagues ex the White Powder Industry back......... to have a word.:E:E:cool:

VH-XXX
15th Dec 2009, 02:50
It's like walking into the Ferrari shop and asking how much.

Qualified people's reputation preceeds them.

Just put on the rego form, light twin engine turbine and you'll be laughing.

VK2TVK
15th Dec 2009, 03:17
Price is a whisker under $5mil USD

Its on the website

krankin
15th Dec 2009, 03:24
Nice,

only if you are a rasict, facist or a biggot lol.... :}

Frank Arouet
15th Dec 2009, 03:50
I have some Nigerian shares underwritten by royalty for sale if they are interested in a swap.:ok:

saw a bloke do something like that cobra strike in a Cherokee one day. Reckons he flies like that normally.;)

Wing Root
15th Dec 2009, 04:14
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4lE6HcBPxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4lE6HcBPxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TonKat
15th Dec 2009, 05:14
I would imagine that a Flanker has special requirements for landing and takeoff.

How many places could you operate to regarding pavement ratings?

Don't suppose a RAAF base would allow you to reside.:rolleyes:

Jabawocky
15th Dec 2009, 05:23
Your place would be fine.......and you have a good supply of motion lotion in stock, so get ya cheque book out and park it in the hangar beside that slow motion A36 :E

J:ok:

nomorecatering
15th Dec 2009, 05:55
Does anyone have an idea of the runway length requirements would be. Seems like the take-off is incredibly short so the landing performance would be the deciding factor.

Casa seems to be ok(through the warbird association) with civilians operating subsonic jet warbirds like the Albatros and Strikemaster. But how would they react to a supersonic capable and then some......and afterburners. I recall someone saying a while back that CASA wouldnt register an civy aircraft with afterburners.

I guess you could operate it ok with the right training and under the supervision of an experianced ex fighter jock, it would all come down to having enough $$$$.

But hell, wouldnt it be fun. Converting $$$ into noise. Hell of a way to wake up the neighbors at 3am.