PDA

View Full Version : A320 Type rating Partner Wanted

wlshwzd
14th Dec 2009, 21:24
Hello Ppruners - Am looking for an A320 initial type rating partner starting in Feb 2010 with CAE in Kuala Lumpur.
If anybody is interested then please PM me and will pass the info. Thanks Kindly

wlshwzd
2nd Jan 2010, 13:44
Thanks for all those that pm'd me.
After speaking with Airbus in Toulouse and not willing to fork out the extra to train with them, I am led to believe that CAE is the next best option. They're not the cheapest and certainly not the most expensive.
I have no guaranteed job at the end of it and I am not looking for CAE to place me.(Although I wouldn't turn down any extra help)
Yes a self sponsored type rating it is a gamble, but everybody's situation is different. Right place right time and most definitely is a who you know scenario.
I thank you all for the above posts and those that have contacted CAE.
By the way A320 Type rating at CAE in Kuala Lumpur begins 5th Feb for 19500 USD.

Howard Hughes
5th Jan 2010, 20:25
Err...

$19,500EUD is considerably more than $19,500USD, accommodation would be considerable more in Dubai too.

Now if only you could find it for $19,500NZD!;)

custardchucker
5th Jan 2010, 21:06
Or maybe all you guys persisting in helping fund the low cost carriers in their business they would actually have to start paying for the training themselves!!!! we are our own worst enemies. Surely you don't think paying $40k odd to get yourself into a jet is actually worth it!

I await the attack

fasterblaster
5th Jan 2010, 22:15
Guess you guys are going to pay to work for a company a well?

I here "Cheapo Airlines" are good. You only have to pay them $100 a day to work for them. Not bad. Think of the hours you will get and promotion to captain is only 3 weeks. Then you can apply to "Less Cheapo Airlines" and only have to pay them $10 a day for a job. How good is that. :ugh

Race to the bottom! How about save your coin and wait til your employed by a company that will endorse you? You will be helping everyone.

3 Holer
6th Jan 2010, 01:11
How about save your coin and wait til your employed by a company that will endorse you?

Isn't that the same as waiting for the price of real estate to come down before buying your first home? ;)

fasterblaster
6th Jan 2010, 01:35
Isn't that the same as waiting for the price of real estate to come down before buying your first home?

If people keep paying for endorsements it will turn that way.

Using your real estate analogy it would be like paying $20,000 just to have a chance of inspecting an $80,000 property. Sounds silly doesn't it?:}

Wally Mk2
6th Jan 2010, 02:00
Okay where we going with this?

Look aviation now is a different beast. Gone are the days of Bi-planes we have mono-planes now, it's called progress. Gone are the type endo's paid for by yr employer, we have self funded endo's now, that's called progress good or bad. Whether it's liked or not changing that would take 100% effort of EVERYBODY whom is seeking work with the majors, & that simply won't happen.
We`ALL paid for our license from day one, well most of us did anyway with the intention of earning a living from it. So in effect we paid money to earn money. Getting or should I say paying for a type endo is the same as paying for yr license in the first place, it's just another 'ticket' to perform yr duties. I paid for an initial twin endo most did to get where I/we are today, you want the job you pay for it, pure & simple.
I don't necessarily agree completely with having to pay for a type endo ('cause it wasn't that way once upon a time, that was the business model way back then) but I shall do if need be to further my own career if I want to go down that track. That would be my choice. If I was going to tell some potential employer to go "jam it" 'cause I won't pay well who does that hurt at the end of the day? ME, it's all about choices, we all have 'em!
All of this is just an opinion, right or wrong there are no real winners here, just those that do business to suit the times.

Wmk2

Orion Delta
6th Jan 2010, 03:05
Well put Wally

pilot384
6th Jan 2010, 04:37
dear guys
the jats at jordan doing the a-320 transition course for 25k cost,duration 3 weeks ground school and 17 working days for simulator ,looking for ur kind advise