PDA

View Full Version : Trial Lesson from Burgos

Romeo Romeo
12th Dec 2009, 22:10
I'm a PPL who's going to Burgos this Chrstmas and I was hoping to go out for a 'trial lesson' for about an hour with an instructor and my girlfriend to see the local area and get a bit of experience of flying in Spain (I'm planning on flying there next summer).

Does anyone know if trail lessons are available at Burgos?

Cheers

RR

Flexwing7
13th Dec 2009, 08:22
Landed there two years ago in my flexwing on the way back from Portugal. There was very little there, I think maybe one or two light aircraft. Apart form an over interested police woman and an admin guy the place was deserted.

They were constructing a new runway at the time.
It's about 3250' AMSL from memory.
Just looked on Google Earth and the imagery is from August 11th 2007, the day that I visited! Spooky!

Martin Bromage

Romeo Romeo
21st Dec 2009, 07:06
Thanks for the reply, Flexwing. I get a feeling that I'm not going to be doing much flying whilst I'm over there! I'm planning a trip down there this summer, is there anything to watch out for flying to Burgos (apart from the police-women!) or in Spain generally?

RR

EC-
22nd Dec 2009, 14:09
Try with 'Aeroclub de Burgos'. They have a web (http://www.aeroclubburgos.org/), but it's only in spanish.
I don't know if you can read spanish, but basically the only info that could be useful for you purpose is that they have a Piper Archer II 180hp for training and, probably, for the kind of flying that you want to do.
You can contact them [email protected]

As told before, Burgos LEBG is a very quiet airport with very few movements. Airspace around is the same. You will see very few traffics. This is the usual case all over Spain, except in a few relatively congested areas.