PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Pilots to Fly 1000 hrs per year?

climbtofl410
12th Dec 2009, 03:30
Can anyone cofirm that

The local authority has denied Emirates permission to fly crew up to 1000 hours per year.
Emirates pilots are no longer being rostered for a month of reserve in 2010 and will be given a regular roster due to a current and projected pilot shortage.

Kennytheking
12th Dec 2009, 05:25
I have a month of reserve in 2010, so you can bust that myth..........

what_goes_up
12th Dec 2009, 05:50
Kenny

That doesn't mean, that you will actually be on standby. Happened to me this year... STBY month and was given a full roster on the 23rd as all the regular rosters.

dooner
12th Dec 2009, 05:51
Still have my Reserve in July:sad::sad::sad:

Dooner

break dancer
12th Dec 2009, 05:57
We won't fly 1000 hrs per year until the factorised hrs are done away with. It works out to just about the same thing anyway. Other countries fly to 1000 hrs with certain conditions.

Also, the reserve month during 2009 was flown as a full roster by quite a few people. Still have one for 2010, but will wait and see what the system spits out. It would be a shame to do away with them now, just as it screwed up my leave bidding for the coming year......

Volverine
12th Dec 2009, 08:45
EK IS GCAA ! so no problemo :ok:

helen-damnation
12th Dec 2009, 17:41
I won't be doing more than 900 hours - unfactorised
and
I won't be doing the 3 night turns in a row

Reason: It is'nt safe, even if it's legal.:ugh:

pool
13th Dec 2009, 03:07
hd

Exactly what has to happen!

With irresponsible management and regulators, the last line of defence for crew and passengers are the pilots. When fatigued, jetlagged or simply exhausted, physically or mentally, we are obliged by law to press 2.
They can plan as much as they like, allocate any reserve that never happens and so forth, we shall not deliver more hours as per now.
Any greedy collegue(not) who flies into overtime, on days off and more hours than resonable should be shunned by us.

His greed is simply unprofessional and unsafe.

dubaiwilli
13th Dec 2009, 20:07
Come on guys - if you are in EK you have no choice ! Take it .... or leave the s...t h..e.

DownIn3Green
14th Dec 2009, 03:29
Well said Willi...

kingpost
14th Dec 2009, 12:03
Didn't AS state that they were raising the hour requirement to 93 to avoid paying overtime however the pilots would still be rostered 78 hours a month?

That's gained some credibility!!

IXNAT
14th Dec 2009, 16:56
Kingpost, the only time I'm seeing less than around 89 hours a month is when I have leave. Let me say that again in other words, every month a roster with around 90 hours per month. Oh and of course factoring for augmentation is not included in that 90 hours. So wither TCAS is misinformed from his underlings or he is totaly ignorant of his department or he is having trouble with the truth. Your call.