PDA

View Full Version : Full name vs given name on easyJet for API

chillcoat
11th Dec 2009, 13:43
Hi all,
I booked an easyJet flight from Geneva to London and yesterday added my additional passenger information as requested. I realised that I’d booked the flight as Chris, whereas my passport first name is Christopher. A silly error, but does anyone know if it will stop me getting on the plane? I’d rather not pay £25 to change my name but better that than £200 for a new ticket...
Thanks,
Chris(topher)

xraydice
13th Dec 2009, 08:16
thumb over the " topher" bit of your name on the passport ! having said that you should get away with it if check in staff ok with it , go early to though. maybe have to eat humble pie for not knowing your own name, youre not the first or last (ps memorise your date and place of birth just in case )

chillcoat
4th Jan 2010, 15:34
Just updating this for anyone who may find it useful. I checked in online, used the bag drop desk, went through security and boarded the plane with no problem. Glad I didn't pay extra but still worth getting it right in the first place!

EISNN
4th Jan 2010, 18:31
thanks for that Chris(topher). handy bit of information. happy trails.

spannersatcx
4th Jan 2010, 21:57
My wifes work booked her a ticket on easyjet and a similar thing happened. Changed it today online via their chat thing, free of charge, took a while before someone responded but it worked.

The fees are if you do it by phone I think, and if you read the small print if it gets noticed at checkin then you pay £25 plus the difference between the fare you paid and the fare on the day, not worth the risk especially when you can do it for free.

Kin_El
12th Jan 2010, 20:53
I've regularly just booked with my initial and it's yet to be questioned.