PDA

View Full Version : Merged: QF Base Maint' 'BIG' Plans

Big Unit
10th Dec 2009, 22:19
Does anyone know exactly what the 'big' changes are going to be in base maint'. Apparently they will be in full force by April next year.

Bootstrap1
11th Dec 2009, 02:05
I can't see much happening in Base with the current managerial team. What ever happens must be over their heads and have absolutely nothing to do with them. In the past 6-9 months all they have done is chase their tails and shuffled non critical paperwork. Maybe they might be on their way out. We can only wish.

Long Bay Mauler
11th Dec 2009, 02:45
I hear that Heavy Maint is now taking over Line Maint in each state.WTF.:confused:

And that Slicker is now Manager of Q Future.WTF.:confused:

And that the Greek Santa is now in charge taking over Slickers portfolio.WTF.:confused:

blueloo
11th Dec 2009, 02:50
how bout this rumour, believed to be true...

....no more turnarounds with engineers nxt month.........

Bootstrap1
11th Dec 2009, 04:52
They now class base maintenance work as heavy maintenance, Go figure. So it is all just a load of crap with some fool of a manager trying to make a name for himself.
Why they have to be so secretive about stuff that affects the working environment of so many p1sses me off no end. Some one needs to grow some balls and release details now rather than let the rumour mill run rampant and ruin morale more than it is already.

Q Future
I wonder if Slickers disciples will join him in the ivory tower,or maybe there is some more type training for them to do. Surely you would need a 380,330 and 738 licence to make a difference in Q future. At least its taken Slicker away from the boys on the floor.

Going Boeing
11th Dec 2009, 06:03
This has the smell of BCG (Boston Consulting Group) about it.

Jethro Gibbs
11th Dec 2009, 06:19
could the coming shift changes announced yesterday @ avalon have something to do with this ?

Bootstrap1
11th Dec 2009, 07:25
what shift changes are they Jethro, that is something that has been kept quiet

Short_Circuit
11th Dec 2009, 07:28
Probably put things back to the way it was when John "Kimberley Diamond Mine" was running the show 15 years ago and call it a "New idea" and bang a bonus for doing it. :mad:

How about 8 hour shifts ;)

Jethro Gibbs
11th Dec 2009, 07:42
2 shifts 5 day week day/arvo some minimum coverage on weekends

company_spy
13th Dec 2009, 01:08
Whatever the change, you can bet your bottom dollar that the ops managers have already formulated the new crew/shift makeup they want, any talk of "engagement" with the workers is just lip service.

At the end of the day though, any change to the roster means a vote, and we know how hard it is to get a yes vote if there is any shadow of doubt.

I wouldn't fancy permanent "A" checks or going back to the old 8hr night shift.

GodDamSlacker
14th Dec 2009, 23:45
Well Mr Harris is pushing the LAME-less tarmac for the domestic operation so lots more nightshift for the domestic guys and any excess manpower will probably go to base - eventhough domestic are short on manpower I am sure with the roster rejigging they will find extra somewhere....after all you probably only need 6 people on dayshift on a LAME less tarmac....
The A380 is turning into the biggest nightmare every heard off, minimum of between 30-35 people per transit...makes the Boeing fleet look so good....Maybe the 747-800 would have been a better choice or a fleet of 777ER's....

Long Bay Mauler
15th Dec 2009, 05:00
I hope GH's resume is up to date for when he "moves to a new career opportunity and we wish him well" at StateRail in 18 months time.

Surely the management would like to actively consult with the staff and avoid the past situations of badblood.But I doubt it.

Number19
18th Dec 2009, 03:50
Heard the news today- new roster by May next year. Apparently. Any idea what the agenda is or what kind of roster is in the pipeline?

Winglet__
19th Dec 2009, 08:35
So long as it doesn't involve that 10.9 hour silliness.......... or worse..........8 hour shifts:eek:

Life's too short to be at work more often than you have to be.

Work to Live, not Live to Work!

Short_Circuit
19th Dec 2009, 22:50
I would like to see the 3 on / 4 off shift that had a 9 day break in it, the one K Mcdingbat hated us working because we had too much time off.

Syd eng
20th Dec 2009, 09:32
I have seen a proposed cabin shift of 12.25 hours. think it was still four on five off. No 2-2's in it. Will have to see where that fits in.

Winglet__
22nd Dec 2009, 03:13
Saw that option, but thought it was 4 on, 6 off.......

I'd work that.

Awesome!