PDA

View Full Version : Gonna end in tears for someone...

Gordy
10th Dec 2009, 20:27
Indian President in helicopter incident (http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns_asia/2009-12-10/850025620702.html)

Close Call for Indian President in Flight
2009-12-10 11:2414

Indian President Pratibha Patil and her family members had a narrow escape in a helicopter crash. The rotor blades of her chopper hit an abandoned store room at the airport in India's eastern Bhubaneshwar on Wednesday.

The accident happened around 4 o’clock in the afternoon. The Indian Air Force helicopter's blade ricocheted (ricoshayed) from the wall of an abandoned store room as it was taxiing to the parking bay after landing.

Patil, her husband and seven other people on board were unharmed. The crash damaged three blades of the chopper.

[Sanjay Jain, Bhubaneshwar Airport]:
"Visibility was perfectly all right. (Q. How it happened?) That's a matter of investigation (Who was at fault?) I can't say, I am telling you this is a matter of investigation."

Patil was arriving from the city of Puri when the crash occurred. She's scheduled to return to New Delhi on Thursday.

In February another incident occurred when one of the three Army helicopters in the President's fleet accidentally landed on a runway in Mumbai, forcing an airplane to abort take off.

Um... lifting...
10th Dec 2009, 20:33
Wonder what the chopper was chopping? And what was he doing flying while also chopping? Can't they get separate people for these jobs?

Know a fellow who managed to do that with a hangar (the folks inside thought they were being fired upon) and another with a fence. Sometimes those pesky yellow lines just ain't where they ought to be. Best place to be when that happens is either far away or inside the machine.

SASless
10th Dec 2009, 21:46
Wonder if some of those pilots would like to do an exchange on Marine One for the next three years?:E

sunnywa
10th Dec 2009, 22:42
Sasless,

Your C in C just won the Nobel Prize. You should be ashamed..............

SASless
10th Dec 2009, 22:50
I am....I am....but not for suggesting the Exchange Program!:ugh:

"Oh Hell the King!......errrrrr Ya'll Hail the King!":rolleyes:

Whirlygig
10th Dec 2009, 23:17
Was Elvis C in C? :confused: :}

Cheers

Whirls

SASless
11th Dec 2009, 03:39
Whirls mi'laydy!

No....but he was certainly the "King'!:ok::ok:

ShyTorque
11th Dec 2009, 15:28
The Indian Air Force helicopter's blade ricocheted (ricoshayed) from the wall of an abandoned store room as it was taxiing to the parking bay after landing.

Who the hell let an abandoned store room go flying all by itself? :rolleyes:

;)

usmc helo
11th Dec 2009, 18:11
Wonder if some of those pilots would like to do an exchange on Marine One for the next three years?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

At this point I would even consider leaving the pilots in place and exchanging presidents.

Ian Corrigible
11th Dec 2009, 18:26
I'm having a Twilight Zone moment. Is this still PPRuNe or did I just log onto JH by mistake...? :E

I/C

p.s. I think someone has it in for Mrs Patil. First they ground the Su-30 fleet just days after she flies in one (pretty good going for a 74 year old), and now she faces having to pay for a Hip replacement...

before landing check list
15th Dec 2009, 20:12
LOL ref JH. That was funny and regretfully true.