PDA

View Full Version : Hours Building methods

Crescentpirate
10th Dec 2009, 18:40
I seen a microlight on ebay and part of the description said 'good for hours building'.
Just curious but has anybody had experience of this type of hours building? Until then i thought the only and best way was to rent aircraft from your local flight school. The one near mine charged £75 wet rate including landing fees but also you need to be a member of the club which i think is £53 i think per month, but it may be annually not too sure, probably monthly i would have though.

If i purchased this aircraft i could use it for hours building and it would be more rewarding as i can call it my own, but is it a practical method? Anybody had any expeirence or heard any stories about it? I do know there is some qualification or license required to fly, not too sure about it, but i would imagine it would be cheaper than £75 an hour as afterall the school is a business to make a profit.

Also speaking of hours...does it matterif i flown a microlight to hours build instead of a powerful aircraft the schools have? Thanks guys, i've tried finding answers but so far searched in vain.

chrisbl
10th Dec 2009, 20:15
A microlight is not good for hour building. Read LASORS - it has most of the answers to all the questions you seem to be posting.