PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter availability for a job in Haiti ??

mcolm
10th Dec 2009, 17:34
I am looking for a helicopter for a geophysical survey in Haiti. I have contacted several operators in the Dominican Republic and they are searching for a Heli with appropriate external load capabilities. I am curious if anyone out there can suggest reliable operators anywhere in the region (DR, Puerto Rico, etc.). I have two subcontract longline/survey pilots available.

The external load will be 1000 pounds, internal equipment between 50 and 500 pounds depending on the configuration yet to be chosen for survey specs. Due to the severe terrain and potential turbulence in the survey area(s) we would like to get a Lama, EC350 B3, Bell 407, Bell 204/205 or something with similar lift characteristics.

Best case would be an operator who has already done some work in Haiti and would know the procedure for temporary import, permits etc but I know this will be rare. In the event that they are unable to locate a suitable aircraft, I have introduced the subject of acting as an agent to a DR source.

Thanks in advance.

singesavant
10th Dec 2009, 19:26
Hi there,

we are a company based out of haiti and actually the only one...

sent you a MP

davy