PDA

View Full Version : Costa del Sol Charter Operators

ChippyChop
10th Dec 2009, 12:50
Hi All,

Can anyone let me know if there are charter operators on the Costa del Sol?

Cheers
Chippy

Dantruck
10th Dec 2009, 14:01
Yep

Marbella Helicopters can help. Speak to the lovely Susie and tell her Dan sent you...marbellahelicopters.com

Also, Helisureste are based near Alicante, but maybe that's too far east...not really the Costa Del Sol, but they do cover the area, not least with the scheduled service Malaga-Cueta

That's about your lot

Dan

ChippyChop
10th Dec 2009, 22:05
Many thanks, Chippy

Tarman
11th Dec 2009, 07:42
500 miles to Palma isn't "nearish" in my world !
I have been looking to hire a R44 in Marbella for a couple of years and have yet to find anyone who does so. (Even as a passenger)
There is a GA airfield at La Axarquia about 10miles east of Malaga but I'm sure that the only rotary movements are private. It does have fuel though.
Does anyone know of any private R44's that may be hired locally ?

Dantruck
11th Dec 2009, 11:53
Sloane is the nearest for Robbo self-fy hire in Southern Spain. Not sure they'll let you fly to the mainland unless you're well checked out in terms of overwater ops.
Airfield are few and far between compared to the UK and it also has a few peculiarities that don't exactly lend themselves to SFH. Fuel can also be tricky as, for example, Malaga (LEMG) limits VFR traffic greatly during the spring/summer months.
My local airfield, Axarguia (LEAX) sits in the next big valley east of Malaga, about 40mins by car from LEMG. The only fuel is 100LL, and is the best place for all GA.
Tarman, there are no R44's currently available to hire, I'm afraid. Spain has few helicopters, which is a real shame given the wx/terrain/etc.:{
Call or PM if you need more...
Dan:ok:

MiKeRoToR
12th Dec 2009, 07:40
Hi, I´m from Marbella, and don´t know nothing about marbellahelicopters.com, anyone have any info??? where is the base? what kind of heli do they fly?
There are flying there two privates R-44, one private Gazelle, and one private Rotorway, moving arround the coast.
For charters you can contact with heliair marbella, they have an EC-135 used to do HEMS, but they do vips too, but its expensive...
Faasa is another company of the south of Spain, and Soko aviation have any times a EC130 in marbella, but only in summer (i think).

If u need more info send me a pm,

regards!!:ok:

Davi.river
17th Dec 2009, 10:56
Right........... you've got Fly-in-Spain |- Spain, Jerez, (http://www.fly-in-spain.com) in Jerez with a R44 and a H300 (H269), and Trabajos Aéreos Espejo (http://www.taespejo.net) for a nice Bell 206B3 I used to fly. I'm from around, if you need any other info, let me know.

All the best and all the time :ok:

David