PDA

View Full Version : whats happening at bk?

bizzybody
10th Dec 2009, 05:19
They are closing a part of tower rd until further notice. I can't help noticing that the area being closed is directly at the end of the runways.

Extending them maybe???

Any idea?

Horatio Leafblower
10th Dec 2009, 05:25
I'd say they are preparing to build the foundations for an 8-story office block.

Yeah the threshold will be displaced 1400m, but there is still a runway there so it's still an airport eh? :ok:

:rolleyes:

JCJ
10th Dec 2009, 06:08
Just roadworks mate, the buses and school traffic are giving the road a pounding.

Some say that it is BAL trying to target a particular school on the southern side, me thinks not though.

bizzybody
10th Dec 2009, 07:26
is that all?!?!?! man what a let down

sms777
10th Dec 2009, 07:43
What's your christmas wish for BK airport bizzybody?

My wish is to extend runway 29C all the way to Georges River so Richard Branson can use it as an alternate for his spaceship :E

By the way.... Merry Christmas to all fellow Ppruners
:ok:

SayAgainSlowly
10th Dec 2009, 09:09
If you look at the BAL masterplan for BK the only way they can (and intend to) extend 11/29C is to the east.

Pretty sure BAL owns Tower Rd and are probably dirty at being responsible for it's upkeep, considering it's mainly non-aviators using it.

bluesky300
10th Dec 2009, 11:13
Well that is karma for BAL owning an airport and not maintaining it as an airport....

Horatio Leafblower
10th Dec 2009, 11:46
probably dirty at being responsible for it's upkeep, considering it's mainly non-aviators using it

Applies equally to 80% of the (former) airport :hmm: