PDA

View Full Version : 300nm CPL question

oceanicclarence
6th Dec 2009, 16:51
Hi all, just a question regarding the 300nm X/C.
My proposed route is Durham Tees Valley, to Perth, via Brunton, SAB, and north berwick, then back to north Berwick and from there to Carlisle via TLA, then from Carlisle direct to Durham Tees Valley.

As the crow flies it is about 278nm, but following my route it is 309nm.

Will our friends at the CAA accept this?

or to make it more I could go from TLA to Prestwick, then back to DTV from there.

Any thoughts?

Dane-Ger
6th Dec 2009, 17:13
Make sure that the "as the crow flies" distance is more than 300NM, anything less will lead to way to much discussion and most probably a standard "you did not fulfil the requirements for issue " letter. Better to be safe than sorry rather than having to start again with another 300NM flight

regards
D-G

oceanicclarence
6th Dec 2009, 17:20
Have decided to do Durham Tees Valley-Blackpool-Prestwick-DTV........no arguing with that one........315 as the crow flies.....

Thanks anyway tho!

UAV689
7th Dec 2009, 11:51
does anyone know if it must be completed using a SEP? could I do the flight in my TMG?

ab33t
7th Dec 2009, 18:58
Do not make it close to 300nm always slightly longer you do not want to end up redoing it . Has to be done in a accepted class plane

fanda78
8th Dec 2009, 19:00
is it possible to do my CPL XC prior starting CPL course? IE during hour building? I have share in PA28 here in UK and plan to go and visit relatives in Prague next summer...
cheers FrankO

Dane-Ger
8th Dec 2009, 20:32
yes, you can do it while hour building before your CPL