PDA

View Full Version : First post from a Junglie Aircrewman

stinkydocker
6th Dec 2009, 14:30
Hello all,

I just wondering if anyone has information on SAR jobs particularly when the network is privatised...

As stated above,I'm a Junglie crewman in CHF flying SK HC Mk4, getting itchy feet and looking for something new....

Any pointers links or help would be really appreciated....

Cheers

bast0n
6th Dec 2009, 17:19
Learn to spell Jungly would be a start.......:ok:

Good luck in your hunt.

junglie-driver
6th Dec 2009, 18:11
Head over to 848 and grab the contact details of some of the old boys, believe they're involved in crewing for Jigsaw, etc.

JD

P.S thats how I spell it as well....

cyclic gal
6th Dec 2009, 18:25
Stinky

I'm ex Jungly/Junglie crewman. Flew with bast0n many times....See he hasn't changed:}

I know lots of the current CHC Crews on the CG Flights but as you mention the contract is up for grabs and may not be CHC for too much longer. You could do worse though than to writing to CHC in Aberdeen and expressing your interest.

Good luck with it.

bast0n
6th Dec 2009, 19:27
Flew with bast0n many times....See he hasn't changed

Still the old charmer you knew of old then............:ok:

pm me - I would love to catch up with reprobates of old.

abr69
6th Dec 2009, 21:17
By all accounts you are not only one getting itchy feet, there is a little bit of an exodus taking place within the CHF crewman cadre, have you considered selling your soul and joining your fluffy light blue cousins. You wouldnt be the first and by my understanding definately not the last.
RN/CHF are playing a dangerous game with regards manpower, considering the introduction of SAR H and a load of second hand Merlins.

stinkydocker
9th Dec 2009, 18:57
Your right about the Exodus, quite a few are considering other careers,and the Merlin plus rumours of a Culdrose move could be the nail in the coffin for many....?

There is a number of issues regards CHF/Junglie (correct spelling) crewman,and many Command Personalities seem either powerless or lack the desire to address the many issues raised.

Eventually it may as you say come back to haunt them.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
10th Dec 2009, 08:55
stinkydocker. From Truth Central;

Regional Command (South) readily call on the 'Jungly' squadrons because of their considerable operational experience and the aircraft's increased performance and capability, which has earned them an enviable reputation for reliability in the face of adversity.

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Military Operations | Royal Navy Sea Kings - flying over Afghanistan for two years (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/MilitaryOperations/RoyalNavySeaKingsFlyingOverAfghanistanForTwoYears.htm)

:}

HeliAviator
10th Dec 2009, 09:01
I'm at "48" on Thursday, speak to me then or IM me.

leopold bloom
10th Dec 2009, 16:19
Try to get some SAR experience and look into getting First Aid/Medical qualifications. Practical experience or theoretical knowledge of FLIR would be an advantage. When the SARH Preferred Bidder (either Soteria or Air Knight) is announced get in touch with their Personnel Department or Transition Manager. Good luck, SAR is a great career.:ok:

guidedweapons
12th Dec 2009, 20:57
Cornwall would be a disaster, imagine the transits to Brent Knoll for NVG trips! The branch will be halfed as I cant see the reservists staying awake for a 2 and a half hour drive to Kernow!

jim2673
14th Dec 2009, 20:25
Wouldn't worry about 1/2 the branch leaving, they feel like that let them go. Be more worried about OC how many AE ratings on 2OE/EC5/10 are going to be likely to move...not many.

bast0n
15th Dec 2009, 12:28
Stinky docker!

There is a number of issues regards CHF/Junglie (correct spelling)

I was at a meeting at Yeovilton yesterday with the CHF bigwigs, Squadron COs and all that - and they all agreed they are a Jungly, singular, Junglies plural - but then again you think..........................?:ok:

Not Waving
15th Dec 2009, 14:57
Only joking,

Stinky, if you are intent on going, you would be best placed talking to the junglies on 771 or up at GSF. Having served on both, they had links to onwards employ and also had ex-members as recruiters for jigsaw and now for SAR-H. You would be behind the SAR crewies going but ahead of others, so look to your timing. Most are ex-pingers, so they won't care how Jungly is spelt.

Good luck

NW

vecvechookattack
15th Dec 2009, 18:33
If that is what the CHF bigwigs are discussing at their meetings then they need to get out more

stinkydocker
16th Dec 2009, 08:33
I could quite believe thats what CHF bigwigs would call a serious issue that needs discussion,as opposed to the other issues on CHF....

bast0n
16th Dec 2009, 08:43
VVVVVV

If that is what the CHF bigwigs are discussing at their meetings then they need to get out more##

and some others around here need to get a sense of humour kick started....:ok:

Probably you are a Pyngah..........................?

vecvechookattack
16th Dec 2009, 17:51
Noooooooo I carn't even spell Pynger.

Heard a good Buzz today that CHF is on its way down the A30..... any truth?

timex
16th Dec 2009, 18:44
That should do wonders for retention...

minigundiplomat
16th Dec 2009, 18:55
Would be ironic if the light blue started to migrate across to the CHF when they get the bastard child of somerset. I know not all are keen on the Chinook.

timex
16th Dec 2009, 19:54
Could be a dodgey move....CHF might even end up with there own CH47 Sqn (All those extras that Gordo's getting for you)!:ok::ok:

stinkydocker
19th Dec 2009, 13:15
The migration down the A30 is definately more than a rumour,I believe a study has been comissioned to fact find and work out the impact,everyone knows it would be a driving nail in many a coffin..

As for CH47,I reckon i speak for everyone when I say If only,instead we'll get Green Merlin after the RAF have them in Afgan which will undoutbaly wear them out,just in time for us getting the hand me downs....

Typical Navy,CH47 is the way ahead,they should've argued and fought for it more.....

Spanish Waltzer
19th Dec 2009, 15:42
How 'mariniseable'... I know I know there is no such word but you get my drift...hopefully!... is the mighty chinny? I know they have operated from the RN CVS before but big difference between operating from and being an organic maritime asset.