PDA

View Full Version : I love my job

NorthRider
4th Dec 2009, 21:05
I love the smile on a students face when they fly for the first time. I love the smile on my face when they learn something. I love my noisy, cold and cramped office. I love flying.
I hate the small pay and the working hours, but all and all I would not whant to do anything else.

Just wanted to share. How about you? Gotten bored with it? Loving it? Any thoughts from my fellow (sep) instructors would be welcome!

pipertommy
6th Dec 2009, 19:17
Damn right, real flying:ok:

I think it is a privilege to be an instructor.

Pugilistic Animus
7th Dec 2009, 16:41
Good boys :D:D:D

S-Works
7th Dec 2009, 18:38
Nice. It warms my heart.

GearDownFlaps
7th Dec 2009, 18:44
Im a relative newbie to all this instructing malarkey , hate the pay hate the lack of flying when weather is bad etc etc however best job Ive ever had wouldnt change it for the world , sod the airlines am no longer interested Im staying put
Cracking Job :ok::ok:

SFCC
7th Dec 2009, 19:21
Nice Ideal but bet you dont.
Very few do:}

GearDownFlaps
7th Dec 2009, 19:23
It is good point , I myself am keen to see if I do or dont

Duchess_Driver
7th Dec 2009, 19:36
Huggyfluffy mode on:

So do I, it's brill!

Huggyfluffy mode off.

Cows getting bigger
8th Dec 2009, 15:58
I love instructing, I just hate being managed by a complete set of amateur f'wits. I suppose that is why I spend as much time as possible in the sky. :)

The best bit has to be walking back from the holding point, headset and chart in hand looking over my shoulder at someone who is about the experience exactly the same thrill I first encountered at 1535hrs on 12 April 1985.

JUST-local
8th Dec 2009, 17:39
Despite all the negative stuff! I love it!!!!!!!:ok:

CGB - Sounds like you and the f'wits which manage the flying could do with a job swap! could be tricky for them to do yours but maybe you could try their job for a week or two. Have you approached them about the problems you have with their managment failings? :ugh:

Cows getting bigger
9th Dec 2009, 06:19
Just a few times. :eek: In fact, so many times my head is starting to feel like your smilie. I guess it is just the general apathy of UK GA.:bored:

JUST-local
9th Dec 2009, 08:43
You can take a horse to water and all that......:rolleyes:

Chuck Ellsworth
10th Dec 2009, 20:09
I am at the other end of the spectrum as a flight instructor, having retired from flying commercially I am looking forward to continuing teaching but now it will be free of the anchor around my neck of having to be micro managed by the mindset that are working for the regulator.

For me that makes instructing something to be truly enjoyable. :ok::ok::ok:

Cows getting bigger
11th Dec 2009, 08:04
Chuck, I'm in a similar position. Retired, pension, fly for the love of it. But sometimes I have great difficulty in biting my tongue. Maybe I should grow up :)

Pugilistic Animus
11th Dec 2009, 18:12
But sometimes I have great difficulty in biting my tongue.

Good:D because high self esteem has no place in the business;)