PDA

View Full Version : CPL form SRG1123.....

oceanicclarence
3rd Dec 2009, 16:03
Hi all!

Just a brain picking session for anyone who has ever submitted form 1123 to apply for the CPL. Particularly for the 'flying experience' section.

'hours claimed on course' I guess this is just what it says?

SPIC?? never come across this really, Is this P1/UT flying with an instructor?

'flying experience for grant of CPL' 'total hours claimed' .....now this bit has me foxed. they are wanting Solo take-offs (number of) Solo landings (number of)
What.......since the start??!! WTF. most of those were logged as ex12/13 and not the number of circuits! it will be a nightmare if they are wanting this.....

anyone care to shed some light in what they are after exactly on this form?

I have tried a search, and looked in LASORS etc, even googled the bugger. seeing a filled in form would be helpful?

Happy landings (or take-offs)....:ugh:

flight beyond sight
3rd Dec 2009, 16:28
With regard to the number of take-offs and landings, you are aware that this refers to night flying only? Wouldn't have thought it was that difficult to tot-up.

As for SPIC, I believe this is only applicable to integrated courses though I stand to be corrected.

oceanicclarence
3rd Dec 2009, 18:21
Only trouble is the form gives you the columns for 'instruction from a qualified instructor (which I guess is P1/UT) and also SPIC!!!!! D'oh!

irishpilot1990
3rd Dec 2009, 18:51
I spent 2 days sorting them all out for my application...
Email back this morning to tell me they needed school to have approved my PPL?
i.e signed copy from CFI....(already stamped by authority and hence is obviously legit)
They also requested that I forward a copy of my schools JAA approval cert, for my atpl results, all they have to do is goggle the school to see its large, approved legal school, or pick up phone and make 20 second phone call to IAA and ask has x done this, and has he past them all?...
Spent day on road going around getting stamps and signatures, CFI laughed and was awed at pointlessness of it when its already been cleared by authority's.Someone’s job should be lost because of this pathetic ness :ugh:

Whirlygig
3rd Dec 2009, 19:07
SPIC is for integrated courses only; otherwise it's P1/s. Pu/t is when you were not P1 i.e. under instruction. Should be easy to tot up from your log book.

I don't remember my form being that hard to complete so I suspect you're making more of it than is required. But then, I've slept a few time since then. :}

Cheers

Whirls

Curtis E Carr
3rd Dec 2009, 20:42
SPIC stands for Supervised Pilot In Command, ....

Wrong. It stands for "Student pilot-in-command". JAR-FCL 1.001 and 2.001 refer.

EaseBack
6th Dec 2009, 13:42
I received my CPL in the post a couple of months ago. When filling out the form I entered under SPIC only successful Flight Tests. PPL and CPL. I was told that I needed Examiner signatures next to the hours in my log book. I think this was to play it on the safe side. Take Offs and Landings for Night Only, think you need 5. Anyhow, license issued without delay.

BillieBob
6th Dec 2009, 15:42
When filling out the form I entered under SPIC only successful Flight Tests.If that is true then you were very lucky to get the licence issued at all. As Whirls has already stated, SPIC may be claimed only on integrated courses and then only for those specific flights in the syllabus on which it is approved. According to the UK CAA, successful flight tests with an authorised examiner should be recorded as P1/S (although this operating capacity does not exist under JAR-FCL) and countersigned by the examiner concerned.

EaseBack
7th Dec 2009, 07:02
Noted. However there is no column for P1/S so following a telephone conversation with 6 or 7 different operatives at the CAA, they requested I treat the column in a dual purpose sense, and of course have countersigned by examiners.

BillieBob
7th Dec 2009, 15:49
The flight is entered in the PIC column and annotated as P1/s in the Remarks column.

GaryS
7th Dec 2009, 18:16
I spoke to the CAA this morning and asked if P1S (Successful flight test) can be counted as P1 or PUT for the purpose of licence issue, I was told no.

Is this correct?? :ugh:

EaseBack
7th Dec 2009, 20:37
As you can read in the above threads, there is conflicting information. Billie bob is absolutely correct. However when I contacted them for issue, I was told to enter my P1/S into the SPIC column and note it. My head of training signed it off and the CAA issued it without a problem. However, I will say, getting a straight answer from them was very tricky indeed. Perhaps I was Lucky. Best bet is to email them and get the response in writing.

[email protected]

BillieBob
8th Dec 2009, 22:04
I spoke to the CAA this morning and asked if P1S (Successful flight test) can be counted as P1 or PUT for the purpose of licence issue, I was told no.I was told to enter my P1/S into the SPIC column and note it.This is symptomatic of the malaise inflicting the CAA today - there are few people (counted on the fingers of one hand) within the 'Licensing and Standards Department' who understand either licensing or standards. They apparently don't even understand how or why they should tell people that they have changed their name.

The fact is that up to 12 hours of P1/S can be counted as PIC towards the issue of a CPL(A) and this has been the case since the inception of JAR-FCL 1. As for the ludicrous suggestion that P1/S should be entered in the SPIC column of a logbook - sounds like an engineer's solution to me; what happens if there isn't a SPIC column, like there isn't in the logbook that I use (published by the CAA)?

I suggest a careful reading of Regulation 6 of the Civil Aviation Authority Regulations 1991 - the threat of a 'Reg 6 appeal' against a clearly inept decision has been known to concentrate the corporate mind (not to mention its effect on a certain bodily orifice).

EaseBack
10th Dec 2009, 15:37
Not the SPIC column of a logbook, I thought we were talking about the application form. Apologies

EaseBack
13th Dec 2009, 09:38
Well, who made the 'ludicrous' suggestion of entering SPIC in a log book, cant see it anywhere??

GaryS
14th Dec 2009, 14:51
Received a reply to my question from the CAA

I therefore recommend you look at section(s)"A" General Information /
Guide to Logbook Annotation. "Pilot undergoing any form of flight test
with an authorised examiner may enter time in P1 column for a successful
test."

So thats what i'll do even though they told me last week it's not allowed :ugh::ugh: