PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Air Law and The CASR

jamesptp
2nd Dec 2009, 21:56
Hey guys,

I am about to start the tedious process of tagging all my documents for Atpl Air Law, and was wondering whether or not to tag the CASR's? I have never used them in any of my past exams and wanted to get anyones opinion?

Thanks in advance :)

Unhinged
2nd Dec 2009, 22:31
Google is your friend. The briefest of searches led here: CASA exam material provided and required (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD:1302698034:pc=PC_90074)

The CAR required in flight crew exams is the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR). Other than for the CPL Balloon Air Law exam (CLWB) and the aeroplane agricultural rating exam (AGRA), the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) is NOT required nor permitted.

No opinion needed. CASRs are not allowed in ATPL exams. Pretty-much takes care of any questions about licensing, registration or medicals ...

jamesptp
2nd Dec 2009, 23:32
Thanks for your help! Much appreciated. Happy flying

1723KG
2nd Dec 2009, 23:50
I created a thread with the same title only a few weeks ago. I sat air law two weeks ago and the CASR is not required nor allowed for the exam.

1723kg

FRQ Charlie Bravo
18th Apr 2010, 08:23
Hooley Dooley,

Glad I saw this thread TWO DAYS BEFORE THE EXAM!

I wonder why it's not examined. Better for me that it's not of course but it is the way of the future (even if it's now 12 years late).

I'm surprised that I didn't catch this myself.

Thanks,

FRQ CB

edit: rebooked but still hoping to scrape in pre 3/5/10

LeadSled
18th Apr 2010, 14:49
Pretty-much takes care of any questions about licensing, registration or medicals ...And anything about certification, including ADs, aerodrome standards, anything to do with instrument procedures, etc., or the Air Navigation Act.

Certainly makes it easy for the candidate, only having to study an ever decreasing part of the air law.

Tootle pip!!