PDA

View Full Version : Change in JAA CPL(H) knowledge exams??

sebbo
2nd Dec 2009, 15:46
Hello folks

I have heard that it should get easier in future to convert from an ICAO CPL(H) to a JAA CPL(H), can anyone say something to that? That the difference between the CPL subjects and the ATPL subjects should get bigger and thus make it easier to do the CPL knowledge exams?
How high are the chances that there is something happening concerning that topic soon?
Because I'm thinking about starting a distance learning course to convert my FAA CPL(H) to a JAA CPL(H), and I'm not very keen to sign up now for the "old" course and study lots extra when there will be some changes soon!

Anyone any advice?

Thanks
Sam

sebbo
2nd Dec 2009, 18:25
@vital actions: Well more relevant to helicopters means easier for me.

Trans Lift
2nd Dec 2009, 22:44
Not going to get an easier anytime soon. You are going to have to bite the bullet like the rest of us did. How much easier do you think it could get??

There is still 14 subjects to do. Most of the ones I did were pretty much as helicopter specific as you could get, with exceptions to a few.

I wouldn't be waiting around. Any written tests you do in JAA land are going to be tougher than the FAA commercial written.

paco
3rd Dec 2009, 08:26
There are 9 exams for the CPL(H) under amendment 3, and amendment 6 will make you take 13 - they're just the same ones split up.

The UK is currently under 3, and yes, we do a helicopter specific course, with helicopter specific exams.

phil

Chickenhawk1
3rd Dec 2009, 09:00
How much easier? How about just doing an air law exam like a lot of other ICAO to ICAO CPL(H) conversions go?? :}