PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who owns airstrip at coppabella qld?

Coalaviator
2nd Dec 2009, 09:34
Hi guys just looking for info about coppabella airstrip, ultimately getting a contact to ask permission to land !! Appreciate feedback! Cheers

biton
3rd Dec 2009, 21:53
It used to be Peter Champion mining, and may well be today.

SM227
3rd Dec 2009, 23:48
I did a rough checkout as I passed by about a month ago, the strip is just north of the town and pretty well aligned with the highway, which makes it about 08/26, at least 600m long, dirt/gravel, parking looked to be at the eastern end. Looked well maintained an as its not on google earth, it must be pretty new (it was there in 2006 when i first saw it). The town is a big QR depo too, so maybe they would be the people to contact? Im sure they would alteast be able to point you in the right direction :ok:

Rojer Wilco
4th Dec 2009, 02:22
Check the QLD Country Airstrip Guide for Wenella Station.

rioncentu
4th Dec 2009, 04:29
Depends on who you talk to as to who is responsible for it.

I was in there only a few weeks back. I must admit I am unsure exactly what the arrangements are.

Macarthur Coal has been using it and according to their contractors, it is theirs. As far as Peter has said, it's his. Peter had said I could use it.

Untimately I do not know but the folks I dealt with were contracting to Macarthur Coal and said I could use it.

I would suggest trying Macarthur Coal at Moorvale and see what they say.

Failing that call Peter Champion (Brock Experience) and ask about it.

it is 06/24 with a BIG hill off the end of 24 so would consider it one way.

Coalaviator
5th Dec 2009, 00:37
Thanks very much for all the feedback guys, will let ya know how I get on !! Cheers:ok: