PDA

View Full Version : How do I send a GoogleEarth screenshot as .jpg

brockenspectre
1st Dec 2009, 11:42
I want to email a friend a pic/screenshot from Google Earth. The snag is that I need to be able to "optimise" this screenshot because if I d/l it into a Word Doc (the only thing I have thought of so far) it is way too big for my friend's ancient computer (which is on dialup, not broadband)!!

Please can someone tell me how to make a screenshot into a .jpg and then optimise it for the internet?

On an old computer I had a program called Photohouse which enabled me to optimise pics for emailing and I am sure it let me create new non-pic projects. I have spent the morning investigating the current Corel programs and they all seem designed for those wanting to create fabulous photos... not just manipulate em!

Help please!!

Sprogget
1st Dec 2009, 11:44
In windows, press the print screen button on your keyboard, open up Paint, select paste from the menu & save the image in whatever format you desire. Job done.:)

Mornington Crescent
1st Dec 2009, 12:23
If you have Vista or Win7 you will have a Snipping Tool in Accessories.

You can select the bit of the screen that you want and then paste it into the body of the Email. It will also let you change the format if its necessary.

brockenspectre
1st Dec 2009, 12:30
Sprogget - Thank you!!! You are a gem!! I feel somewhat embarrassed but.. I didn't even know I had Paint on my lappie :E :\ I had to look for it in the search function!! :ok:

Avtrician
1st Dec 2009, 13:20
Even easier, just go to File, Save, save image.

give it a name (default extension is .jpg)

Result is a file 134 Kb in size.perfect for emailing

like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Avtrician/Oz.jpg