PDA

View Full Version : IR-SPA-ME rating wanting to fly in IR-SPA-SE?

flyhighspeed300
30th Nov 2009, 22:25
HI,

i have a current IR-SPA-ME and a current MEP and SEP ratings.

just been talking to someone and looking up some info, but want to know does my IR-SPA-ME rating cover me to fly IR in a SEP aircraft. (that is equiped to fly single engine ir.

I am looking at flying into europe in mid may/june, was going to fly VFR unitl some said why not fly IFR?

is it poss and do? have i got to do anything?
still vaild to fly within my 90 days on MEP and IR, will not be in may/june tho?

can i have any info please?

GWidgery
30th Nov 2009, 22:49
From what I recall I think that you can, yes. A ME-IR allows you to fly SE too. I don't think you have to do anything else - there might well be something about it in LASORS. Check Section E Page 6 under important notes.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=175&pagetype=90&pageid=4460

flyhighspeed300
30th Nov 2009, 22:56
i had a looked and its wording, makes you believe thats correct. but does not say yes nor no?
i wasn't 100% sure thats why i posted this..

S-Works
1st Dec 2009, 07:42
Yes you can. A ME IR on a SPA automatically covers you for IFR flight on a SE SPA.

BillieBob
1st Dec 2009, 08:17
Yet another example of why you should ignore LASORS, which is badly written, almost two years out of date and riddled with errors, and consult the source document. JAR-FCL 1.180 states, in part:

The privileges of a holder of a multi-engine IR(A) are to pilot multi-engine and single-engine aeroplanes under IFR with a minimum decision height of 200 feet.

Aviator part deux
4th Dec 2009, 19:13
Lasors is hard work but, don't forget, yes you can fly it but make sure your current on the single too! Especially with pax on board! 3+3 in 90 is always good for the day your logbook gets checked!:)