PDA

View Full Version : Flight/Duty time regs UAE

ws737
29th Nov 2009, 21:22
Gooday

My outfit is coming to operate out of Dubai for a short period very soon. Rules wise it appears we will comply with our own FOM/COM and some/most of the UAE CARS. I have read through the Flight/Duty time and rest requirements and for the life of me can't find what the daily duty time limit is?

Granted I've been reading this riveting stuff for days now:\ but am I going blind? Any help here would be much appreciated and I'll buy the first round when we get there:ok:

sheiken around
30th Nov 2009, 00:44
Good luck with your enquiry. However, you should specify that EK pilots don't answer this question for you (regarding EK) -- b'cos the Chairman of EK is also the head of the GCAA of the UAE. Therefore, the flight and duty regs. that apply to you do not necessarily apply to EK. Ask any EK pilot...and I think you'll find that the regs. can be adapted as are "operationally required".

Dixons Cider
30th Nov 2009, 04:23
My outfit is coming to operate out of Dubai for a short period very soon.

If its a short period, then I'd assume you wont be under a UAE AOC, but operating under your parent authority.
Therefore, it dont matter what FTL's apply here!

Instant Hooligan
30th Nov 2009, 04:30
sheiken,
While I understand the premise of your post and EK's moving duty regs please be advised that the EK chairman is the head of the Dubai only DGCA and not head of the UAE GCAA which is what EK operate under. He is "merely" a board member of the GCAA.

Regards
IH

ws737
30th Nov 2009, 05:22
No UAE AOC but it appears we'll be asked to comply with a few GCAA regs..my assumption at this point is we'll operate to the most restrictive rules and the EU/UAE ops duty times are a little more restrictive than at home here. We are looking at 4 sectors per day so it looks to me like a 12 hour duty day is about the limit..1 hour extra for our friends in the back...?

Gulfstreamaviator
30th Nov 2009, 06:50
Some more details needed:

Which country of registration.
Pt 135, 91, or what level of operations.
How long will you be based in UAE, and which Emirate.
Who will be your local handling agent, FBO.
In general GCAA OPS are equiv to JAA, (UK).

If you feel happier with PM, please do so.

I am mostly corporate, but can answer for all other GCAA opns.

Glf

S.F.L.Y
30th Nov 2009, 07:14
Pt 135, 91, or what level of operations.
How long will you be based in UAE, and which Emirate.
Who will be your local handling agent, FBO.

How does the FBO or the Emirate influence the duty time of a foreign operator?

Solvieg
30th Nov 2009, 11:51
You can refer to CAP 371 as stated in the CAR-OPs 1.1120.

Gulfstreamaviator
30th Nov 2009, 12:36
To get a full overview of the operation, and it impact on UAE operattions.

As I am sure YOU are aware, no operator may base and aircraft in UAE unless on GCAA registration.

or ""special approval.""

The UK CAP is the basis of the GCAA and not the definitive GCAA regulation.

glf

S.F.L.Y
30th Nov 2009, 14:17
To get a full overview of the operation, and it impact on UAE operattions.

As I am sure YOU are aware, no operator may base and aircraft in UAE unless on GCAA registration.

This guy didn't mention using an UAE AOC. You can anyway use a foreign registration for 6 months renewable once, but it has to be on a UAE AOC. I still don't see what the FBO or localization has to do with duty time, unless you have special regulations in RAK...

nolimitholdem
30th Nov 2009, 17:30
What are these "Flight/Duty time regs UAE" that you speak of?

There are NO serious regs, at least none that can't be circumvented with an annex or variation. And if THAT fails, why, a quick conference call with the GCAA and an ACARS message can magically appear authorizing any old thing! "No Problem!"

Ryanair with widebodies, my friend. It's only a matter of time before MEL II. That's how we roll here.

So as much as I admire your conscientious attempt to be familiar with the regs, I wouldn't even give it a thought.

ws737
30th Nov 2009, 21:26
Thanks to all for the input..informative..and entertaining..:rolleyes:...I'll try to keep us inside the lines, ever shifting as they seem. I guess I'll be true to our COM and just try to keep it real...we run a nice tight ship and it translates well wherever we go.

So where do we go for our first pint? Staying at the Marriott Executive Suites, Dubai Creek...fire away guys....;)

Instant Hooligan
1st Dec 2009, 03:31
For your 1st pint I recommend any layover you may get, it'll be cheaper. Excluding that try Barasti (Mena Seyahi Hotel) on a Friday or Sat afternoon/evening always lively but be prepared for the $10 a pint tab pretty much most places.