PDA

View Full Version : Renewing ME-IR without MEP

Ronand
29th Nov 2009, 21:11
Is it possible to keep the ME-IR current without renewing the MEP each year? AS the ME-IR can be done every other year on a FNPT2 this would save some money....

TheBeak
29th Nov 2009, 21:24
Yes you can renew your multi IR in a sim without renewing your MEP. If you do renew it in the sim, the year after you'll have to renew it in the aircraft.

Leezyjet
29th Nov 2009, 23:59
Unless you intend to fly MEP, there is no need to renew it. I just renewed my MEIR, without renewing the MEP.
:)

ElitePilot
30th Nov 2009, 14:35
Unfortunately not. Must be in aircraft.

OneIn60rule
1st Dec 2009, 11:25
For examiner-200 quid.

Probably depends on who you speak to though.

moggiee
1st Dec 2009, 13:01
Is anyone aware of whether you can renew your MEP in a sim?
You can revalidate an IR in a sim (provided that the previous revalidation/renewal was in an aeroplane). Essentially, you can alternate aeroplane/sim/aeroplane/sim as long as you don't let it expire. Not the MEP, though.

If you allow it to expire (beyond 12 months from the previous checkride) you will need to renew it and that can only be done in the aeroplane.

How much is the skills test fee to revalidate an IR? Is it more expensive if I let my IR lapse and then renew it later?
We charge £160 for the test fee - sim or aeroplane. It's the same fee whether it's renewal or revalidation.

EDIT: because I didn't read the question properly.

BillieBob
1st Dec 2009, 15:23
How long have you been able to revalidate an MEP Class Rating in a sim, Moggiee?

moggiee
2nd Dec 2009, 13:03
sorry, slip of the keyboard.

You can, of course, only revalidate an IR in the sim, not the MEP - which always has to be done in the aeroplane. I must remember to read the questions more carefully - sorry.

Nashers
2nd Dec 2009, 18:43
Is it more expensive if I let my IR lapse and then renew it later?

if you plan to renew in the sim, yes it will be as once your IR expires, you have no choice but to renew in the air therefore pay for an aircraft as well.

however if you have to renew in the air anyway, i dont see why there will be a differance.