PDA

View Full Version : SPL - Required?

optimus.Prime
29th Nov 2009, 06:20
Had a quick question for my fellow-Indian "PPrune"rs! (Who know the CARs inside-out)

One of my friends was asked to do a C152 Day Check(GFT), by the
guys at the DGCA, while he was about to submit his papers for his FAA-Indian DGCA Conversion.:ugh:

Now the big Q is, Does he have to possess an SPL to get the required check done in India? (Since traveling back to the US Of A , for a Day Check is well out of his reach):confused:

Also, any suggestions for a flight school in India, which does this for a not-so-astronomical "Registration" fee?

silent_scream
29th Nov 2009, 06:38
Did they site the reason for undergoing the Day Check Again ? (Am considering he/she has done it already in USA and has the certificate)

He/She can get the check done in India without a SPL since he is going to fly with a licensed instructor. An SPL is required when one has to fly Solo in India. (Although I know the Check will be logged as PIC for the Trainee).

Try contacting Government Flying Schools in various states, the private ones will probably not agree without registration.

And this question is best asked at the DGCA open house.
Please post the answer when it comes later to help others.

Silent.

jimmygill
29th Nov 2009, 06:48
No SPL is not required for taking a General Flight Test.

GFT will be logged as PIC.

Try one of the govt flying clubs, they usually have least
fees even if you include the convenience fee.

PM if you need to know any more specifics.

divinesoul
29th Nov 2009, 06:58
try madhya pradesh flying club.

optimus.Prime
30th Nov 2009, 08:35
@ Silent & Jimmygill,

Thanks for the input.:ok:

But does anyone know if the same is pointed out specifically in any "C.A.R."?:confused:

@jimmygill,
u have a pm!