PDA

View Full Version : PC to HDMI?

extreme P
29th Nov 2009, 06:12
Wiring devices together has never been my strong suit. Is an HDMI cable connected to a PC USB port the solution to making my TV work as one with my PC? Maybe F8 toggle between LCD/CRT? Dual monitor setup? Any and all assistance appreciated in advance.

srobarts
29th Nov 2009, 08:02
You cannot connect USB to HDMI.Depending on what your Video card outputs you need either a VGA to HDMI converter, or a DVI to HDMI cable. The alternative is to get a new video card with HDMI output.
eHow has this article (http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4457043_connect-pc-hdmi-tv.html?cr=1)

ab33t
29th Nov 2009, 08:23
Either a special card in the pc that converts the signal to TV out , S-video RCA or something similar or you get a external box that takes the vga feed and converts it to your required output

spannersatcx
29th Nov 2009, 18:17
a lot of new tv's have pc input, vga connectors already, especially HD tv's have you checked to see if it already has this?

extreme P
30th Nov 2009, 05:46
VGA cable might be the way to go. S cable sort of worked but not really. Perhaps because it is a "component" cable?

Sprogget
30th Nov 2009, 08:00
S-Video = Behind a pillar
VGA Cable = In the stands
HDMI = Pitchside Recaro chair, electrically heated with waitress service.

extreme P
30th Nov 2009, 22:41
PC and TV are now connected with a VGA cable but the only thing I can see on the TV is the PC desktop. How do I make it movie time?

Sprogget
30th Nov 2009, 22:48
Buy a movie?

What is it exactly you want to do? Which operating system do you have?

TURIN
30th Nov 2009, 23:05
If you are using the TV as an extension to your PC monitor you will need to drag the TV viewer window across on to the TV screen from your PC monitor.

At least thats what I had to do to view Media Player on my TV from my laptop. :ok:

Saab Dastard
1st Dec 2009, 00:33
Presumably you need a software DVD player on your PC to be able to play a movie DVD.

If you can see your PC desktop on the TV screen and you can run DVD software on the PC, then you can see a movie on your TV.

SD

extreme P
1st Dec 2009, 03:10
"Clone" mode on the video card settings so that the tv sees what the PC sees. Thanks to all who had something worthwhile to contribute.

Sprogget
1st Dec 2009, 06:55
Well, now that you can see the desktop on the tv, you have access to all that the pc can do. To say 'how do I make it movie time?' is at best vague - .if you have media centre on your o/s you can use that.

If you have windows you will at least have media player & can watch anything you want. It would be helpful if you provided more information on your intentions.