PDA

View Full Version : my internet pages are not showing

charliegolf
28th Nov 2009, 21:14
help! Something's up. On internet explorer, 7 i think, most pages won't come up. However, my bank and credit card front pages come up, and appear to work normally. I'm on vista home edition. This seems to be to do with security, but i can't see why.
I've tried to check settings etc, and set defaults in ie internet tools.
Can anyone help? Ta.
CG
PS the microsoft and norton home pages won't load either, and 'restore' fails.

BOAC
28th Nov 2009, 21:18
Yup, Charlie - reckon you have been 'zapped' by a nasty. Start virus checking. What do you have for that?

If you have, you also need to change all your bank etc passwords asap since the bank pages you are 'seeing'...................................

Can you boot into 'Safe' mode?

Can you run any .exe files?

charliegolf
28th Nov 2009, 21:40
i've run norton 360 and it says things are ok. I've changed the bank stuff. My ou logon page works to.

BOAC
28th Nov 2009, 22:00
Recommend you download Malwarebytes and run it after updating it Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button)

Better safe than sorry. How about safe mode? Can you update Norton?

charliegolf
29th Nov 2009, 21:09
Thanks BOAC, I used system recovery in the end, after backing up all my stuff. Couldn't use your suggestions 'cos i couldn't get inline. Cheers.

CG