PDA

View Full Version : EK Walking wounded

Fart Master
27th Nov 2009, 09:57
Here's a good one.

Pilots who are sick and can still walk are being made to go into HQ every working day to do 'project' work while they are sick.....

.......guess what they do, absolutely NOTHING, apart from sitting in a cubicle all day outside H Al H's (CPB) office drinking coffee. What the :mad: is this company coming to:mad: The only reason they do this is to try to stop pilots going sick, what a bunch of :mad:.

When management were queried, they said it was a new policy:ugh:

johnnyramjet
27th Nov 2009, 10:24
Talked to one of the guys the other day, the Dr wants him to exersize but instead he sits around all day doing nothing at EGHQ. When he gets home he is to tired to do exersize. Pilots can't use the beautiful spa and gym on the 9th flr of EGHQ. The sick are getting sicker.

EFC 3 DAYS
27th Nov 2009, 11:01
Well done to the medical staff at EGHQ for allowing this practice to be carried out.
If you ever have to go to the "sick chamber/cubicle" outside H Al H's orafice just cough, hack, fart and spit as loud as you can until he decides you should be outside Horsefaces office instead.:yuk:
Of course they could use all those floors of newly empty office space at EGHQ to have the pilots report to when sick.
Seems like EKs managers took their management classes at the Robert Mugabee School of Ethical and Managerial Skills. :rolleyes:
Reason number, God knows how many, why no one should go join Emirates Airlines. If this example as to how they treat their staff is not enough to convince you to stay away from Emirates, along with all the other posts on the subject, then you deserve what you get should you join.
Emirates labor practices are third world at best and would not be accepted in any civilised country.

T O G A Boy
27th Nov 2009, 11:21
and ppl still slag other airlines around them when the worst is in their own backyard. At least these things dont exist in GF...

ab33t
27th Nov 2009, 12:00
I think its so that you can pick up more germs therefore get really ill and that will discourage you from booking off sick in the first place.... I can see the logic

ab33t
27th Nov 2009, 12:07
Thought just occured to me when I was in the military and you were ill but mobile they would form a squad with all the sick and you would do a real slow march with no arm swinging and the time would be kept by using disprin , asprin instead of left, right and we would have the medic walking around with us . You think management are x military types?

johnnyramjet
27th Nov 2009, 12:37
If you guys havn't seen the 9th floor yet, then you should take a visit. Makes Wafi look like the YMCA.

nakbin330
27th Nov 2009, 13:17
Guess this'll stop the malingering then ...

Where I came from, the malingerers, or 'lizards' as they were affectionately known, walked the camp picking up fag ends.

A very boring task ...... much like sitting in the office at EGHQ.

trimotor
27th Nov 2009, 15:26
The upside is that if you have to sit in the sick-bin at EGHQ, Rostering can't then consider the day to have been the same as a day off (which they have been doing), and then counting your sick day/s as days off for the month, allowing them to roster you on what were days off...if you get my drift..

TM

Kapitanleutnant
27th Nov 2009, 19:36
Simple solution....

Just call in Fatigued.

K

Mr Angry from Purley
27th Nov 2009, 20:31
Quiet a common policy i'm afraid these days. Plenty of Pilots can be unfit to fly but fit to complete office duties. after a few weeks/months of 9-5 they soon get itchy feet to get back on line :\

dubaiwilli
27th Nov 2009, 20:41
I already told you 12 month ago that it will get worse in EK. Now you can feel it everyday and I hope all these managers including the one from former east germany take their lessons and will be in the dessert up to their end of life! Well done EK!

Lamyna Flo
28th Nov 2009, 04:44
...and will be in the dessert up to their end of life

What a horrible way to go... trifled to death ;)

YYZguy
28th Nov 2009, 09:09
I hope all the guys and gals thinking of working here will pay heed to this latest round of lunacy. Never in my 20 years of flying have I seen such childish managment. Pathetic.

johnnyramjet
28th Nov 2009, 09:52
Just found out that a guy over in the RV villas did a runner 2 days ago. Got his last pay ck, waited till Eid, gone. Tired of his contract changing. No one at EK knows yet :ok: My hero.

donpizmeov
28th Nov 2009, 10:04
Could be worse, could have done a runner from the aircraft and hid out in the terminal for 14hrs ...... oh wait there, that one has already been done.:ugh:

the Don

johnnyramjet
28th Nov 2009, 10:14
Just looked up his roster, flying on the 29th, beautiful.:D

Capt Groper
28th Nov 2009, 10:25
If this runner rumour is correct then what a stupid maneouvre. This will add fuel to the fire. If unhappy
just serve out the 3 months so that those remaining haven't to suffer the fallout...:rolleyes:

johnnyramjet
28th Nov 2009, 13:31
The poor guy was forced to leave. How many times has the contract that we all signed changed, The poor guy has 3 or 4 kids, with the loss of overtime, no more 3%, no profit share, a cap on elec. and water and a change of ALD, mgmt all but tossed him out the door. Good luck to him and his family.

Geebz
28th Nov 2009, 14:39
Why should he serve out the 3 mo if his contract has been violated? Sounds to me like the any notice period would no longer apply.

fatbus
28th Nov 2009, 15:09
He did a runner due to family pressure and poor Dec roster. Not doing the 3 months may come back to haunt him, IE his next company operates to a GCC country and the airplane get impounded , he be out the door fast. You want to leave fast just do it rightand you can be gone in a week,that has already been done lately

Praise Jebus
28th Nov 2009, 16:54
Heard also that after 12 months of long term sickness the pay will now stop. This has never been enforced in the past as most guys worked in the office etc.

Praise be to Jebus

johnnyramjet
28th Nov 2009, 17:08
The family pressure may be a fact, however it was made worse by the fact that mgnt kept chipping away at his life. I forgot to mention the FCI that prevents him from seeing the left seat for many years to come, thats if EGT allows it.
If you are less than 3 yrs with the company and are sick of the lies, the sooner you leave, the less you loose.

yankee22
29th Nov 2009, 00:55
I don't blame the guy for taking off.... what loyalty does he owe the company??? None!!! They've changed the rules by changing our contract.

Not only that, we've been hammered by Dubai inflation yet we get a pay freeze and no bonus (don't get me started on that). I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to have 3 or 4 kids in Dubai. The costs must be astronomical.

Just the other day I went to Noodle House for some quick eats. The prices there have gone up 20% within the last few months. Are you freakn kidding me??? 20%??? It cost 280 dhs ($75) and there was only 2 of us. No alcohol. One appi, one bowl of soup, 2 entree's and a bottle of water. Lets not forget that the Noodle House is not exactly fine dining. It is casual dining. That's robbery if you ask me.

Dubai has gotten way too expensive and our pay does not match the inflation!!! The greed here is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Kudos to the bloke who bolted. My hat goes off to you.

trimotor
29th Nov 2009, 06:51
At restaurant level, the economics of supply and demand are seen differently: profits (customer numbers) are down, profits must remain at lest the same, so prices go up..standby for more of the same elsewhere..Salik, car parking, ec, etc

Idiots

TheyCallMeTrinity
29th Nov 2009, 14:59
The kid cost is astronomical here. I'm slightly above the max number of kids and I have an out of pocket expense of 80,000dhs for school fees. I can't wait until I get my portion of the DEWA bill. As a First Officer that is about 4 months salary. Nice. But alas, I knew I would have to shell out more before I made the decision to come here.
What I didn't know is how much the company would change things after signing a contract. I have held up my end. i go to work and do my job I don't get sick and I don't call out. At the end of the day my loyality buys absoultely nothing. I have never worked for such a disreputable company and it officers. That is truly saying something because I've worked for a tabacco company in the past.
I made a huge mistake coming here and it won't be long before I make my own run.

PorkKnuckle
30th Nov 2009, 13:08
Tired of his contract changing

How many times has the contract that we all signed changed

his contract has been violated

They've changed the rules by changing our contract.

the company would change things after signing a contract

In fact, the contract has not been changed for years. Only the Ts and Cs have been changed and these are not a part of the contract. The contract protects THEM, not you.

When pilots sign up, they are fooled into thinking all the T&Cs are contractual when in fact this is not so. T&Cs can be canged at any time and often are (lately).

It sucks.

Duh
1st Dec 2009, 09:23
Quote:
Tired of his contract changing
Quote:
How many times has the contract that we all signed changed
Quote:
his contract has been violated
Quote:
They've changed the rules by changing our contract.
Quote:
the company would change things after signing a contract
In fact, the contract has not been changed for years. Only the Ts and Cs have been changed and these are not a part of the contract. The contract protects THEM, not you.

When pilots sign up, they are fooled into thinking all the T&Cs are contractual when in fact this is not so. T&Cs can be canged at any time and often are (lately).

It sucks.

Sounds a lot like the whole current mess over there, people led to believe one thing and Voila!

leftseatview
1st Dec 2009, 15:45
this post is starting to sound uncanily like the one of my all time favorite movies "THE GREAT ESCAPE" of Edward Fox,Mc Queen...fame
No disrespect to actual RAF/USAF WW2 POWs