PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Phone Interview

JMAN
27th Nov 2009, 08:29
Recently got an email from Jetstar that they would be calling me for a 10-20min phone interview. Has anyone else been called. Anyhelp on the type of questions asked and other tips for the interview would be appreciated

Horatio Leafblower
27th Nov 2009, 09:29
Hey JMAN

What sort of experience do you have? ME turboprop RPT?

Just trying to work out who's getting calls and who aint.... :ugh:

ab33t
27th Nov 2009, 12:14
Well done at least you have an interview , relax do a brush up and all the best .

lil_blueberry
28th Nov 2009, 05:01
Did you say you would take a Darwin Base?

I think i would read the Jeps and think about the questions they will ask: Behavioural:

when did you have a conflict in the cockpit and how did you resolve it?? etc etc

good luck

The Green Goblin
28th Nov 2009, 06:52
I have got many examples of the interview questions and some tech question examples if you want them emailed!

GG

grrowler
28th Nov 2009, 08:37
A few friends have had the phone interview. I believe it is more of an opportunity for J* to determine if you will fit into the company. eg Tell us about your flying background, why Jetstar, etc. The behavioral stuff is saved for the panel interview, which, assuming you get through the phone int, and psych, is still some way off. The phone interview is not worth stressing about :ok:
As far as the panel interview, there was a recent thread on this subject which listed a stack of questions - do a search. Good luck!

JMAN
29th Nov 2009, 06:27
Thanx for the info. My experience Total 5000hrs, 3300hrs jet. At the moment they havent stated for which base or for which fleet

blow.n.gasket
29th Nov 2009, 09:25
Darwin base, A320.With a promise of a quick upgrade to the A330.

Mstr Caution
1st Dec 2009, 11:03
With a promise of a quick upgrade to the A330.

They might mean course duration....not time until commencement.:8

myshoutcaptain
1st Dec 2009, 22:38
A Q for those in the know , in the current standard roster build , are you exceeding the 75 hours? If so , how much extra flying above that is typical?

metrosmoker
1st Dec 2009, 23:17
Had a beer with a mate last night, who also showed me the seniority list.
He has been in there for a little over 18months. If they start dishing out commands tomorrow, it would take them almost 2years to train everyone to get down to his number. 3 years time in company as a minimum for a command, alot of guys can`t start training for up to 12 months. He is in the high 400`s. For every Captain, they have to train an F/O.
As for quick upgrade to the A330. He was awarded an A330 slot over 12months ago and is still waiting for a training date. Supposedly next month. Nothing is happening quick any more. His roster for this month was 94hrs I think. He also showed me an A330 roster, 71hrs.

Martin VanNostrum
2nd Dec 2009, 01:14
Do not for a second think that the phone interview doesn't count. It does. If you don't get through this you will not go on for further interviews. Take it very seriously.

lowlite
2nd Dec 2009, 02:41
I had the phone interview, lasted about 12 minutes, went through work history for past ten years with questions about why you left a previous employer. I was asked what my expectations of the job would be and what I knew about jetstar. That was it! She then told me about the rest of the recruitment process and that I would recieve an email in a few days regarding the outcome.

I recieved that email advising me that I was unsuccessful.

I guess my expectations were to high.

Cheers and good luck to those candidates who will also be judged by a 10 minute phonecall.