PDA

View Full Version : What are some options for a 1,000 hour CFI willing to travel anywhere?

rkobe
27th Nov 2009, 02:09
I am tired of sitting around in the US waiting for things to pick up in aviation. I will move anywhere for a good job. Can anyone give me some advice on good places to look into? Any help is appreciated.

Impala
27th Nov 2009, 04:29
Why dont you try EK...Great place to work

Panama Jack
27th Nov 2009, 04:48
Sorry, you didn't make it clear whether you are looking to move to the airlines or looking for a more interesting instructing job.

If you are looking for the airlines, stay in the US for now-- I am afraid your chances in the sandbox are not great at the moment, based on the observation of guys with the right type ratings and thousands of hours being rejected after rigorous interviews (unless of course you have the right nationality-- then your chances are better).

If you are looking to go somewhere else to instruct, there is an interesting opening in Qingdao, China, where they are looking for Part 141 instructors at the Jiutian International Flight Academy.

Jiutian Flight Acadamy in Linyi Airport Linyi, Shandong (http://www.jtfa.cn/en/gzjh.asp)

ab33t
27th Nov 2009, 12:22
If you are at least working and generating some hours and money , stay where you are. Things are tight all over at the moment

mightyduck
27th Nov 2009, 12:48
Qatar aiways

rkobe
27th Nov 2009, 17:29
Airline or Instructor, it doesn't matter, I just want to be able to make a living and fly. This time of year in Michigan VFR weather is rare, I'm not flying enough to make rent.

mutt
27th Nov 2009, 17:47
Google ..... Rabigh Wing Flight School and Saudi Arabian Flight Academy.

SAFA announced the order of 20 Diamond aircraft during the Dubai Airshow, they hope to be operational in 2010.

Mutt