PDA

View Full Version : Internet Checkin For Ba/cx

theredbarron
26th Nov 2009, 09:34
I'm flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow on BA and then on to Hong Kong on CX. My through flights appear when I go into "manage my booking" on BA. Does this mean I will be able to check-in on-line on the BA website and print my boarding passes for both sectors before I Ieave home, or will I need to go to the CX site to do the LHR/HKG sector?

Appreciate help with this. Thanks folks.

davidjohnson6
26th Nov 2009, 18:41
Last week I tried to do something similiar - albeit from LHR and using HKG as the transfer point
Couldn't get the CX boarding card to print from the BA site, and the CX website wouldn't print the CX boarding card as it reckoned I hadn't printed the initial sector.

Then again, maybe that was just a hiccup in the system somewhere

theredbarron
26th Nov 2009, 19:16
Thanks David. You do need to check-in flight sequence but I now understand that despite both BA and CX being "One World" partners this doesn't extend to customer service when it comes to check-in; it looks as if I do need to go to both websites. Full service carriers (supposedly) and in an alliance but they can't even get this simple bit sorted.

DernierVirage
27th Nov 2009, 12:18
My wife had problems doing what you have in mind - she checked in on-line for the whole journey on the BA and CX sites, but could only print her BA boarding card for EDI - LHR, it was impossible to get her CX boarding card. At EDI, we went to the BA desk to see if they could print her CX boarding card, but they told us that they couldn't do so because she had already checked in on-line....Apparently if she had checked in directly at EDI at the airport, she could have got both boarding cards. As a result, she had to get her CX boarding card on arrival at LHR.