PDA

View Full Version : Rex Future Plan?

777WakeTurbz
26th Nov 2009, 07:42
Im very curious at the moment about Rexs plan for the future. From what I hear they have now taken on enough cadets to last another 6 months or so and wont really be doing any hiring for GA experienced FOs.

If the major airline recruitment takes off again in the near future as it is supposed to be doing, and they have a mass exodus of Captains and Senior FOs, how will they be looking to refill their ranks? It sounds like the company will be overflowing with cadets, and not exactly have a large pool of experienced guys to move up.

It just sounds like they arent planning for the long term to me, or am I wrong?

Pedota
26th Nov 2009, 08:52
777WakeTurbz . . . it looks to me as if REX has been doing it tough for a little while - but hopefully they are through the worst of it?

Sincerely hope so!

Cheers

Regional Express profit falls 22.9%

Thursday November 26, 2009

Airline Transport World

Australia's Regional Express posted net income of A$3.7 million ($3.4 million) for its fiscal first quarter ended Sept. 30, down 22.9% from a A$4.8 million profit in the year ago period, blaming the decline on one-time restructuring costs incurred by its charter subsidiaries and the "global financial crisis."

"By industry standards, it's still a very, very credible result," Deputy Chairman John Sharp told reporters in a briefing available via webcast. Looking ahead, he said, "The operating environment is stabilizing. Passenger numbers are starting to show signs of growth. So we think the worst is now behind us form a global financial crisis point of view and we see much brighter prospects coming forward in the near future."

Fiscal first-quarter revenue fell 15.8% to A$56.9 million. Passengers carried dropped 13% to 308,000 as ASKs lowered 5.2% to 184 million. Load factor was down 5.9 points to 61.8%, "still for a regional airline quite a high load factor, certainly high by Australian standards," Sharp said, adding that he expects load factor to improve in coming quarters.

Average fare declined 1.8% to A$154.8 while RASK decreased 10% to A25.8 cents and CASK lowered 8% to A24.5 cents.

by Aaron Karp

backwardbrick
26th Nov 2009, 20:27
heard just the other day that one of the senior managers was out at yhug maybe checking out a few of the old macair routes

Flying Meat Cleaver
26th Nov 2009, 20:31
Well I think there are quite a few GA guys/gals who have now crossed rex off their list of operators to work for. Several went for interviews and haven't received even a courtesy call to say that cadets 'are' (apparently) the future and you will no longer be required. So yes, interesting times ahead for the operator. :ugh:

FMC.

Mr. Hat
26th Nov 2009, 21:30
It just sounds like they arent planning for the long term to me

Aviation HR 101. They're all the same. Its panic stations and no fat in fleet numbers, spare parts, pilots and fa's.

If the major airline recruitment takes off again

It aint an "IF" anymore 777.

There are a couple of lessons about to be handed out around the country of the coming months

Long term plan? I'd say keep reducing condition as much as possible like 90% of the industry.

777WakeTurbz
27th Nov 2009, 06:28
Hmm, moved from Reporting Points... Thought this was relating to RPT operations. :confused:

In anycase, I do hope it doesnt have too much of an adverse affect on the senior GA ranks looking to move up, yet being cut out of the picture by Cadets who will never really have any real world command experience, which in my opinion and im sure many others, is invaluable!

:sad::{

Tidbinbilla
27th Nov 2009, 07:24
No, it's related to you asking a QUESTION about future hiring in REX, not the commercial aspects of an airline, which is described in another thread.

That's why it's been moved here. If I really wanted to be nasty, I would have merged it with the Cadets, and working for REX thread, which you could have easily found by using the search function.