PDA

View Full Version : John Holland Aviation Melbourne

satos
26th Nov 2009, 07:42
I was just wondering if anyone here has or is working for them.What are their conditions of employment,wage scales etc.
They seem to be on a big recruitment spree at the moment.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.

company_spy
26th Nov 2009, 09:47
I work with a few blokes who were previously working for JHAS, that's probably why they are recruiting at the moment, cos they have lost alot of people, that should tell you all you need to know.

Buster Hyman
26th Nov 2009, 10:06
Ask.....no, find out yourself!:ugh:

Arnold E
26th Nov 2009, 10:31
The above posts have told us exactly..........................NOTHING:ugh:

Buster Hyman
26th Nov 2009, 12:13
Arnold E...just because you can't be arsed to research the contact, doesn't mean it was NOTHING! He was actually one of the JHAS managers at Tulla....but what would I know.:rolleyes:

I'll take my bat & ball now....:*

Jethro Gibbs
26th Nov 2009, 23:58
What are their conditions of employment,wage scales etc ?
As with any of these companies if they won,t freely give out the information they got something to hide i don,t know why they think this basic information has to be a big secret if your buying something you want to know how much it is it,s that simple.:ugh:

satos
28th Nov 2009, 02:36
Apologies Buster Hyman I thought your comments were directed at me.Obviously I had missed the edited previous comments.
Cheers mate.

kiwi engineer12
29th Nov 2009, 02:45
If you have the right licences the pay is usually $100-120k+ (salarys only)
Very little/no training to date
Conditions seem good, mostly 4 on 4 off shift
Not afraid to spend money on equipment etc...
Sometimes a little disorganised
All in all, fairly good place to work from what I've heard from current staff.

Romulus
29th Nov 2009, 08:31
What are their conditions of employment,wage scales etc ?
As with any of these companies if they won,t freely give out the information they got something to hide i don,t know why they think this basic information has to be a big secret if your buying something you want to know how much it is it,s that simple

Well it's all a matter of public record, Google is your friend.

http://ca.workplaceauthority.gov.au/docs/CAs/CAUGN073935789.pdf

satos
29th Nov 2009, 12:28
Cheers Romulus,will have a read.

Jethro Gibbs
30th Nov 2009, 00:08
I think from past posts when they were recruiting and advertiseing a lot that Romulus is a manager there i may be wrong if so someone will correct me.

Romulus
12th Dec 2009, 12:39
I think from past posts when they were recruiting and advertiseing a lot that Romulus is a manager there i may be wrong if so someone will correct me.

Sort of, regardless that's all history now, I am no longer associated with JH.

Jethro Gibbs
13th Dec 2009, 04:21
gee ! you were really pushing there barrow before.

Sort of ? oh no not another HR Person.

Romulus
13th Dec 2009, 07:31
gee ! you were really pushing there barrow before.

Sort of ? oh no not another HR Person.

Too funny.

It's only semantics but I was never officially with Aviation Services hence the "sort of" reply. I've never lied to the guys and I'm not going to start now, equally I can't be bothered to go into detail for an inconsequentiality.

Equally no, I am not and never have been in HR.

For what it's worth I still think they're a great business doing things the right way. Not perfect but they're always looking to do better. They've brought plenty of VBA work back onshore, they've raised the bar for how things are done, and that's all good. Regardless of us liking it or not, regardless of some people thinking "management need a slap" at least they're giving it a red hot go.