PDA

View Full Version : AAPA Wagga

FL170
24th Nov 2009, 09:35
G'day Guys,

Please share your experiences with this mob out at Wagga, what sort of show they run etc.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers :ok:

HTFU
24th Nov 2009, 09:51
Top Notch operation, brand new warrior 3's garmin 1000 glass cockpits, brand new seminoles garmin 1000 glass cockpits,
so in short very new fleet of pipers fitted with garmins;)

She'l Be Rite
25th Nov 2009, 03:09
Its funny that a question relating to how good this outfit is, returns with wank answers on glass cockpit warriors.. I wonder if the bank runners and charter boys have glass in there clapped out chieftains? :ugh:

It may be a good outfit, but learn how to fly well on the basics.. They are still the foundation you will draw on when the luxuries on a modern airliner perhaps fail.. :confused:

LM82
25th Nov 2009, 03:22
isnt that place just for the rex cadets?

The Original Jetpipe
26th Nov 2009, 01:10
It would be my advice to stay away from anything that is connected with LKH (CEO of REX)!

You only have to talk to there staff to understand how the company is run and that includes the cadet training school! Yes they do have nice aircraft to fly, but like previously posted what mail runners have that equipment fitted.

TOJP.

FL170
26th Nov 2009, 07:55
Can anyone offer information based on personal experiences rather than information that can be sourced from their website?

Cheers

mavrik1
26th Nov 2009, 08:46
Pack of A-holes save yourself!

HTFU
26th Nov 2009, 10:33
from the aapa website

With over thirty years of flying tradition behind us, we know what it takes to make a good commercial pilot. Besides training pilots, AAPA’s parent company also runs Australia’s largest regional airline that has been voted as the best regional airline in Asia Pacific for two years consecutively. AAPA has proven its ability to train high quality commercial pilots from ab initio as a large percentage of its graduate pilots has progressed directly as First Officers on Regional Express Airlines’ fleet of Saab340 aircraft. 30Yrs tradition I don't remember them operating for 3 yrs let alone 30....

FL170
26th Nov 2009, 11:58
Geoff Cook has been in the game a while. The Academy itself is young but those who call the shots would have in excess of 30 years experience. It hasn't been worded well but does have some element of truth to it :ok:

FL170
26th Nov 2009, 12:03
Reading that a second time actually intrigues me how they have worded it.

In regards to the 30 years, if you read it carefully it is refering to REX not the Academy itself.

Reminds me of studying for Airlaw :ugh:....

VIMD
14th Feb 2011, 11:06
Interesting choice of words on the AAPA website. According to a friend in the know it fits in perfectly with the way REX does business, all smoke and mirrors.

VIMD
12th Apr 2011, 12:50
A little birdy told me that GC is now leaving AAPA... going to Pelair for the Air Ambulance contract... :eek:

megle2
13th Apr 2011, 07:58
Very poor wording but hey, it is GA.
At least the Falcon 10 doesn't get a mention.

Al Fentanyl
14th Apr 2011, 03:51
At least the Falcon 10 doesn't get a mention.

Still chained to the ground at CS I think. Probably completely shagged by now. The Chieftain went for scrap at auction, the Aztec got sold at auction for $20K, the hangar was reposessed. Karma.

VIMD
30th Jun 2011, 02:18
Interesting, REX advertising the role of CGI and CFI at AAPA. Why would people leave such a wonderful organisation? :eek:

VIMD
19th Jun 2012, 05:28
I see REX is once again advertising the role of CGI at their flying school. :ok: Wonder what happened to the last two CGI's?? :confused::confused:

KRUSTY 34
19th Jun 2012, 12:44
Probably the same as what happened to the last REX COO! :E

Howard Hughes
19th Jun 2012, 21:43
A little birdy told me that GC is now leaving AAPA... going to Pelair for the Air Ambulance contract...
A litte birdy told me he was leaving there too, can anyone confirm?

Clearedtoreenter
19th Jun 2012, 22:16
[QUOTE]It may be a good outfit, but learn how to fly well on the basics.. They are still the foundation you will draw on when the luxuries on a modern airliner [QUOTE]

Can't understand this. What's so hard about a transition to steam gauges? Like theres some fundamental stuff you can only possibly learn on some old cr@p box with at least half of its avionics u/s?

Or is it that we learned that way... So you'll have to too and not be exposed to that evil glass. Yes, it takes time to get used to understanding and reading a six pack after glass in the same way as getting used to any change of equipment. But there is nothing you cannot learn on glass, other than the feel and stench of some of those old training ****boxs that arguably should not be flying anyway. Try failing an AHRS or turning off the PFD if you want to see them struggle at least as much as with a post it note stuck over the AH.

Altimeters
20th Jun 2012, 06:58
Yep can confirm HH. He's on the seniority list.

Howard Hughes
20th Jun 2012, 07:57
Yep can confirm HH. He's on the seniority list. That's gonna leave a big hole!;)

Nirak
7th Jul 2012, 04:50
What happened to the last two CGI's and the CFI (GC) ?

Nirak
9th Jul 2012, 01:50
Any info on whether the GFI has left and what happenend to the previous two CGI's? :confused:

VIMD
18th Jul 2012, 22:39
I would think they probably got tired of the smoke and mirrors attitude of the company, apparently providing world-class training but trying to cut corners everywhere they can, and management not understanding much about running a world-class pilot training academy.

As to the last CFI - the company will probably be better off without him.

archangel7
19th Jul 2012, 05:08
Who is the CFI and CP there now? I hear its a great operation with state of the art facilities.

VIMD
23rd Jul 2012, 22:31
State of the art facilities - to a certain extent, yes.

Great operation - depends on what you classify as a great operation.

Can't remember the name of GC's replacement as CFI and CP.