PDA

View Full Version : Quantas Or JetStar?

FN-GM
23rd Nov 2009, 21:09
Hi,

Im looking to book flights for a return trip from Brisbane to Sydney. I have had a look at the fares for economy class from Quantas and Jetstar. Quantas works out $40 extra. But with JetStar i am only allowed hand luggage, i wont be checking in any bags anyway.

JetStar i think the aircraft will be an Airbus A320.
With Quantas on way i will be on a Boeing 737-800 one way and on the return trip i will be on a Boeing 767-300.

Do Quantas provide more legroom than Jetstar? I have been looking on the internet and people say the Jetstar seats are very comfortable.
Does Jetstar have a sting in the tale like internet only check-in?
How strict are Jetstar with the hand luggage?

What would you do?
Does anyone have anymore input please?

Thanks allot

zube
23rd Nov 2009, 21:31
Seatguru.com has info on the Qantas seat pitch. However it only covers Jetstar's A330, not the A320 used domestically.

From experience the jetstar pitch is close to the Qantas B737 pitch.

Qantas has basic in flight catering included, Jetstar is a LCC. Buy something if you wish.

The sectors are around 1 hour so from a comfort point of view you won't suffer very long.

Jetstar have check in on the internet, or at check in counter at the airport.
Also self service machines in the check in area at the airport. Same for Qantas.

All in all, it comes down to how important the 40 bucks difference is to you. The difference in the travel experience is not great especially over a short sector.

Enjoy your visit.