PDA

View Full Version : Skytrans

THE IRON MAIDEN
23rd Nov 2009, 10:03
Have any of the 380 applicants got a call/email/interview yet?

MakeItHappenCaptain
23rd Nov 2009, 11:31
For the one FO spot on each type???
Apparently only 200 acutually met the criteria anyway.

PLovett
23rd Nov 2009, 21:07
Yeah, well, not all of them heard anything at all either.:*

Kulwin Park
23rd Nov 2009, 22:30
Are Skytrans going back to Piston Engine fleet???? Why hiring so many people??

Bort Simpson
23rd Nov 2009, 22:57
Apparently there have ben a few that have got a phone call. Although there have been some applications that went straight to the bin. (Sdpeling and basic gramma being the issue)

Nothing is definate at the moment however, the word is that those on the recieving end of a happy call are being offer the opportunity to join a dash gnd school. Depending on the outcome of this, then there maybe offers of employment. This is not a bad thing as it gives both sides the opportunity to sort out if it is the fight thing for them before making a firmer commitment. I'd imagine that not all on the gnd school will be able to be employed. (numbers limiting etc).

Do your best boys and girls.

hama
25th Nov 2009, 03:11
Does anyone know the Capt & F/O Pay and conditions? Cheers

The Mentalist
27th Nov 2009, 02:03
Wonder if the latest ad for Dash F/O's with Air Nugini will affect any of the applicants? I believe that they pay a hell of a lot more than anything in Aus.

longrass
27th Nov 2009, 03:32
It's almost twice as much, problem is your paid in kina, lol....

vee tail
29th Nov 2009, 21:40
No you are paid in Aussie dollars.

the wizard of auz
29th Nov 2009, 21:56
Good thing too. after the 42% tax rate, there is little left to convert to AUD if you were getting paid in Kina.

SmoothCriminal
30th Nov 2009, 01:12
Does Air Nuigini offer Aus base (Darwin or Cairns) or commuting ?!

A ball park figure on the payscale will be much appreciated....

Cheers in advance

Smoothie,,:ok:

longrass
30th Nov 2009, 01:51
What's the 400 series cessna painted in new skytrans scheme doing on the intl apron today as CS

the wizard of auz
30th Nov 2009, 04:55
Probably waiting for its pilot like all good airplanes do. :E

longrass
30th Nov 2009, 08:11
Why intl apron tho.... Daru?

gulf_dweller
4th Dec 2009, 15:23
Totally agree.

Didn't Vincent's do the same thing earlier this year? Guys resigning from their jobs to do the groundschool for the B1900 then being told they are no longer required at the end of it........

Mainframe
4th Dec 2009, 22:02
Long grass

Skytrans has held a charter contract for years to fly a dredging company into Kiunga, PNG, and usually use a Titan.

GA operators often conduct international charter ops to PNG etc out of Cairns, and therefore need to clear the country via the International Apron.

ops normal for Cairns.

Bort Simpson
5th Dec 2009, 07:14
I know a bloke going on the ground school. He's not too unhappy about the arrangements. Pretty ok with it really so I guess it just depends on what you want and are after. Of course he would be really happy if they paid him for the eperience too. Who wouldn't.

Seeing as this thread is smply titled Dkytrans, I'm going to broaden the scope to the recent cooked engine in Isa.

Does anyone have any info about this? Word is an over temp on start up.

sleeve of wizard
5th Dec 2009, 07:21
If it is true that they have cooked an engine it must have been just about stuffed anyway, in 4000hrs on the dash-8 didn't get anywhere near a start temp limit that included starting off ships battery.