PDA

View Full Version : Local pilots pay in EK

muppet in the sky
22nd Nov 2009, 15:52
Hello all, I know its a private question so please try to refrain from bashing as I got a few myself already :ouch:..... Do local (emirati) pilots earn the same as EK pilots or do they get some sort of government welfare/perks as a result of being a local on top of their EK salaries?

intaomri
22nd Nov 2009, 16:12
If the Emirati pilots get any extra allowances at EK, I presume this to compensate them for being the ( underdogs ) in this company behind the australians.southafricans and brits bosses,w'ont you agree.;)

muppet in the sky
22nd Nov 2009, 16:28
What I mean is that the so called "extra allowances" are given by the government not EK, as EK has no control over that... I assume but I might be mistaken, can you verify that? :confused:

fatbus
22nd Nov 2009, 16:30
4000 ead allowance for the increase hardship dealing with inflation in dubai

muppet in the sky
22nd Nov 2009, 16:33
Isn't their pension scheme differ than the provident fund?

Payscale
22nd Nov 2009, 17:22
Yes....vvvveeerrryyyyy different

muppet in the sky
22nd Nov 2009, 17:30
Would you by any chance know the difference payscale?

fatbus
22nd Nov 2009, 17:41
Payscale is the same , pension 75% after 15 years 100% after 20 years , the new cadets, not sure when that group would be under the new rules, which are 20 years 75% and 25 years for 100%. Remeber that most of the cadets live at home and collect the housing allowance as well, pays for the new fast cars.

muppet in the sky
22nd Nov 2009, 17:56
Thanks fatbus much appreciated :ok:

muppet in the sky
22nd Nov 2009, 17:59
The reason I'm asking is that I'm a British citizen, but I'm eligible for UAE citizenship through my father, so I'm contemplating joining EK or EY as a local, to take advantage of the benefits if there were any....

mensaboy
22nd Nov 2009, 20:08
Good work Muppet. If I was YOU, i would do the same.

Take advantage of the situation. No worries about your desire to be a good pilot, just look at it from an economic point of view, lol. This company will reward you regardless of your abilities or inclination to be a good pilot. Good on you mate!! haha

And so goes the decline of EK. WOW

allaru
23rd Nov 2009, 01:38
Payscale is not the same, they get a 7500dhs a month cost of living adjustment allowance.

Which came about 3 or 4 years ago.

What they get is not an issue, what we don't get is.

Wizofoz
23rd Nov 2009, 02:47
The guy is exploring the best way to make the best living out of his profession. Good for him.

muppet-

The Emirati Pilots are not entitled to any different provident fund arrangements than the Expats from Emirates. They ARE entitled to the extremely generous UAE Social Security system which, if I am informed correctly, means the UAE Government pays you 75% of your final salary provided you have worked continuously for 20 years.

springbok449
23rd Nov 2009, 04:44
Whether you join EK or EY you are better off joining as an Emirati...

muppet in the sky
23rd Nov 2009, 09:52
Wizofoz thanks for understanding my point of view. I lived in the UK most of my life, my family are all in Dubai, so it makes sense to me take advantage of the situation in my point of view.

Mensaboy, I don't know if that is sarcasm or what from your post, but I'm sorry if you feel that I'm ripping off the company cause I can be a local, If EK thinks I'm sh*t pilot then they would not hire me.

If you are an authorized examiner and maybe in my assesment sim ride, look out for a dark haired, white complexion guy with a cockney accent with a emirati citizenship and come question my flying abilities It would be a privilage flying with you mate :ok: looking forward with some pointers from you

NoJoke
23rd Nov 2009, 11:41
Well done Muppet! Try and get the best deal you can. Don't worry about the jealous detractors; they are the same everywhere - from the Eastend of L to the Middle East. :ugh:

Wizofoz
23rd Nov 2009, 13:01
Best of luck Muppet!

Mensa,

You write some good posts, but this wasn't one of them.

Out of line in my opinion.

Saltaire
23rd Nov 2009, 14:43
I think we are all entitled to lash out from time to time, mind the gestures :oh: Can't blame Mensa one bit. Why did I invest in this place again? Another foolish pilot...

It draws you in and then takes a little bit away from you. Why are most people so aggravated and tense? Just take a drive for 15 min on SZR, a microcosm of the world, but mainly the ME; you see all kinds of vehicles, nationalities and distinct driving habits, including total disregard for others.

Muppet, do what you must and take advantage of any opportunity. The fact that your asking for opinions puts you in a human league and I'm sure you're a solid candidate.

vbrules
23rd Nov 2009, 15:37
I disagree with the former gentleman's opinion Muppet.
You are a Muppet.
If you want to find out local conditions with the intention of being a 'local' ask one of your 'cousins'.
This is a rumour site; not a fact site.
Apply to Emirates and ask them!
Once you get employed what are you going to say when asked your nationality with a UAE passport? British? Deny the nationality of the hand that feeds you?
I bet you do.
Unless you desire to live in a #@^% hole for the rest of your life and wear funny clothes, be a man and join like the rest of us do with your head held high knowing we maintain the moral high ground, and can and will return to our own beautiful green countries when it suits us; countries in which you can buy pork and alcohol at the local store and there are no loud speakers keeping you awake 5 times or more a day.
And where there are Labour laws and employee representation.

muppet in the sky
23rd Nov 2009, 16:50
Thanks for the support and comments Saltaire, much appreciated...

vbrules, from your post I feel that there is a need to clarify some issues....

None of my "cousins" work for emirates as pilots, so they don't have a clue in that department. Please mate, stop demeaning the locals here, they are humans afterall and deserve respect.

As for the website being a rumor network, not facts... That is correct but alot of people here used statements posted here to factor into their decisions into moving to the region.

Now as a matter for the hand that fed you stuff... I will never deny my British routes, Just because I don't have the nationality it doesn't mean I any less British than you vbrules, why did you go to the sandpit??? To make a better living for yourself I assume and you get the luxury of avoiding the taxes from the UK, isn't that ****ting on the hands that fed you as you grew older and they provided you with free health care and education by not giving back??

There alot of people in the UK who are immigrants have done more to the UK than me or you vbrules, do they have citizenship?

As for me to return back to the UK, I can always whenever I want, as I have property there and can always apply for the right of abode.... As for the pork, alcohol, and call of the prayers, go to wembley, and tell me what is the difference between wembley and Karama :}.

I have been part of unions and all I can say is that they are a waste of time if you are not the best of buddies with the union chiefs.... Then I'm just wasting my hard earned cash so they can go and have a couple rounds of golf with the managment while I'm doing some night run....

Its obvious you have hard feelings against the locals here, and I don't know what they did, but I'm sure that they must have done something to you that definately broke you down to backlash against a guy who is in the same ship as you looking for his best interests at hand without taking advantage of you....

It is a sad state of affairs really.....

BTW I like the dishdashas, they are pretty cool and comfortable :}

johntrav69
24th Nov 2009, 10:44
Quote "I will never deny my British routes"

Me neither, fantastic ATC.

muppet in the sky
24th Nov 2009, 12:20
johntrav69 :ok:

nolimitholdem
25th Nov 2009, 13:38
Makes ya wonder...I thought those Brit public schools were supposed to be all that, wot?

To the subject at hand, if you're going to join as a local how about actually showing up for a night turnaround to India? Getting tired of callouts to cover for the dishdash who just can't do the BLR turns. Funny how I always seem to be paired with another expat on reserve who was called out to cover for his own Al Whomever counterpart. Why even bother rostering locals for those flights? But then if I had laws that prevented me from being sacked no matter how many times I declined the tougher flights I probably would too. I just wouldn't expect to be held in high esteem by my peers.

Respect is earned. Period.

muppet in the sky
25th Nov 2009, 18:47
I have to agree with you guys with the point that respect is earned not given....

I'm sure there are a few locals who do their status quo when flying the India turnarounds...

I do agree that the locals are living in a welfare state where they would pretty much reach a point where the locals won't work and the government just stuffs them with their salaries while they are at home....

You can't change such mentalities if they were engraved in their heads to behave like this...

So in a way I don't take it against them in their behaviour, as this is how they behave and what they are used to even though its a pain :ugh:

My 2 cents really....

Wiley
25th Nov 2009, 19:31
if you're going to join as a local how about actually showing up for a night turnaround to India? Getting tired of callouts to cover for the dishdash who just can't do the BLR turns. Funny how I always seem to be paired with another expat on reserve who was called out to cover for his ownNothing new about that. From ‘The Caravan’ (http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/335400-caravan-me-forum-classic-1st-scroll-cafe.html), written almost 20 years ago now (my boldface): "Alas, would that it be so, Sire, but no. We must taketh unto ourselves foreign effohs as well, for as Thy caravan groweth, Thou willst needith more cameleers than Thou canst find among Thy own young warriors."

The Cherif held his hands aloft for silence, for such had not been his plan at all. "Why beist this so?"

"Ahh, Sire, because the autocamels willst walketh the caravan routes all through the longlunchbreak and night as well."

"Through the longlunchbreak?" The Cherif hadn't considered that. Very few Knoteetinghammi warriors would work through the longlunchbreak.

"Yea, Sire. And on feast and holy days as well."

The courtiers muttered among themselves at this startling news. The caravans wouldst continue to walketh through the longlunchbreak, at night and on feast and holy days? Their sons wouldst taketh some convincing before they'd want a slice of that cake, boyo.

australiancalou
25th Nov 2009, 19:41
Why don't you guys ask for UAE citizenship?:}:E:}

لماذا لا نسأل عن جنسية

Mike.Park
26th Nov 2009, 01:11
The reason I'm asking is that I'm a British citizen, but I'm eligible for UAE citizenship through my father

Muppet, won't the UAE authorities ask you to give up your British citizenship when you apply for Emirati citizenship? I don't think they recognize/tolerate dual nationality.

muppet in the sky
26th Nov 2009, 05:41
Yes Mike, you are correct on that, I haven't decided on my decision yet whether to give up the UK citizenship or not. I'm just studyging my options.

There are some very good pros for this giving up my UK citizenship, other than the perks, my immediate family are all in the UAE now, so I'm alone in London in terms of relatives, other than the crazy aunt/uncles :}....

But I its an irrevecoable decision, thats why I what to study my options before I make the decision to do it..

ainkhaled
26th Nov 2009, 07:53
If the Emirati pilots get any extra allowances at EK, I presume this to compensate them for being the ( underdogs ) in this company behind the australians.southafricans and brits bosses,w'ont you agree.:=

You an always rely on Intaomri to pitch in with a really chippy post. The poor bloke is a washed up and incompetent fool and now a member of the QR management 'team' for which he is suitably qualified. Boasting about his (dubious) past, plagiarising others material and shamelessly claiming it as his own are his best attributes. Keep up the good work. :yuk:

mensaboy
26th Nov 2009, 15:06
Yeah, I re-read my post and I can certainly see how it came across rather harsh.... not exactly what I intended. But then again, I have noticed a decline in the usually high standards of local cadets. Years ago, I never flew with a cadet who didn't know the books, inside and out. They took pride in doing the job to the best of their abilities and considering their experience levels, they did a great job.

Nowadays, I get cadets on 'observation' flights, who don't seem to give a damn about taking advantage of learning things prior to their PNF phase. Not all cadets, just some...... but in the past, there were NONE who sat there bored, reading a newspaper instead of observing and asking questions.

Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems that some recent cadets feel it is their 'right' and not a 'privilege' to be a cadet pilot for Emirates.

Attitude plays a huge role in how effective a pilot is, and in spite of a massive lack of experience for some people, their attitude and work ethic overcame this disadvantage.

I have always respected the Cadets at EK, simply because they took advantage of the opportunity and they worked hard. I fear there has been a shift in this attitude of late and that could spell disaster in the future.

Sorry Muppet, I do apologize for being sarcastic. I should never lump people together and I admit I assumed you were someone who simply wanted to take advantage of the situation, without making the required effort.

It is a great opportunity, you should take advantage of it, but there comes a responsibility as well. This is not a job to take lightly in most respects.

vbrules
26th Nov 2009, 18:06
Why dont you poke your tongue up his backside?
Enough of this clown!!!!!!!
He probably doesn't even qualify for employment here!!!!!