PDA

View Full Version : ATPL pass rates

fabbe92
22nd Nov 2009, 12:34
The airlines look at your general percentage on the atpl exams right? But is it true that this doesn't matter in integrated programs and that you only need to pass them?

Sodastream
22nd Nov 2009, 12:53
twoddle,

trust me, the airlines couldn't care what you're percentages were. of course, this is when they start recruiting again.
they only care that you have;
a) medical
b) a current and valid IR
c) a sack of cash to fund your training ( increasing common these days )

if you are struggling to fill up a CV to have to resort to listing your ATPL average, suggest you include a list some hobbies or interests

Bealzebub
22nd Nov 2009, 13:05
In the days when they recruited, there concern would be that you held the required licence with all the relevant ratings. That would be a pre-requisite. Your pass score in each individual exam is something that is notified to you at the time, but doesn't form part of a permanent grade or certificate, so it is irrelevant to anybody else.

Airlines historically recruited the best candidates based on their previous flying experience be that commercial or military. They then offered interviews to those at the top of the selected piles, and from these interviews coupled with references and in some cases their own testing and simulator asessments went on to offer placements to those they considered the best.

These days in the vanity publishing world of first officer recruitment, some will offer you a placement if you have the cash to buy what they are selling, and to that end they won't care what percentage you achieved in Nav' general either.

12Watt Tim
23rd Nov 2009, 00:05
I have only once been asked to provide pass grades, and that was a recruiting agent for a company I didn't want to work for. Of the people I knew going through ground school the person who struggled most to pass the exams has done the best in his career.

irishpilot1990
23rd Nov 2009, 13:17
guess it must be true "anything over 75% was a waste of time and effort":}