PDA

View Full Version : Heli Pad Fleet Street

SpeedbirdXK8
20th Nov 2009, 10:19
Hello Heli Boys & Girls (fixed wing creeping in) - travelling through central london this morning (on foot) I couldn't fail to notice a (what looked like) twin squirrel landing on a roof top in the Fleet Street area. Just curious if any of you (and maybe the pilot) could shed any light. The heli was green with a yellow/gold stripe.:rolleyes:

manfromuncle
20th Nov 2009, 10:34
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/348938-heli-pad-london-ec1.html

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/67068-morning-drop-offs-central-london.html

SpeedbirdXK8
20th Nov 2009, 10:55
That would be it. Quite a sight and surprised it hasn't caused any motor accidents! Thanks.:ok:

chopjock
20th Nov 2009, 14:54
Why would it cause a motor accident? :confused:

David Clarke
20th Nov 2009, 21:17
Probably G-STRL, lands quite often on roof top in EC1.

Dave

Hilico
22nd Nov 2009, 20:46
Why would it cause a motor accident? It nearly caused me to get run over, because I was walking through London, heard Allison 250s, smelt jet exhaust, looked up and kept walking. But then, I do like helicopters.

chopjock
23rd Nov 2009, 09:23
Hilico
Was you walking in the road then?:eek:

SpeedbirdXK8
23rd Nov 2009, 11:21
An accident caused by similar actions experienced by Hilico. It was the same smell and noise that caught my attention. I cant help looking in particular when driving past LHR - my kids always shout at me to look at the road and not the sky! In Richmond the other week for the rugby and had to stop and watch the Emirates A380 on approach but not as good as Concorde. Sad (both me and the demise of Concorde)

SpeedbirdXK8
23rd Nov 2009, 11:24
Dave - it certainly was.

darrenphughes
23rd Nov 2009, 21:23
Why would it cause a motor accident?

Just the same way I've nearly turned several cars into accordions when I spot a good lookin chick walking down the street. Except the chopper approach is a lot more interesting than the girls, unless they're naked and jogging!!:}

helispeediii
26th Nov 2009, 12:44
heli pad fleet st is that not the old maxwell pad on the mirror/sainsbury building, presumablly it only private, no public transport?? helispeediii