PDA

View Full Version : Two quickies on the Rivetes' HP6000

Loose rivets
20th Nov 2009, 07:08
I was going to ask if anyone could get the LazerJet4 going from her laptop - but no need, she's done it all, overriding the message saying that it wouldn't work with Vista to W7.

I think the soddin' things afraid of her.

Anyway, that just leaves one question. her 6000 does not allow the brightness to be changed if she has previously Hibernated. Nothing. Power settings or owt will allow it to change. Reboot and it's normal.

Hurry, or she'll have fixed that as well and I'll be completely humiliated. :\

mad_jock
20th Nov 2009, 10:13
It sounds like a driver problem.

But I can't for the life of me find out what a Rivetes' HP6000 is after a 5 min search.

If you could post a link to it on the web it would help

I am presuming a laptop of some form?

If it is the screen brightness you could try a few tricks.

1. fn F5 and back sometimes resets the LCD display.

2. Change screen settings and then don't accept them.

Only real solution is to get a driver that works.

green granite
20th Nov 2009, 10:57
Hope not, but it could be the start of this problem: Laptop PC problems - Fixing laptop/notebook computer problems - Page 1 of 3 (http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Laptop-Notebook-Problems-1.htm)

But more likely to be a problem with the windows settings, I had problems on my desktop with the mouse not working after hibernation.

MJ, he refers to his better half as the Rivetess

mutt
20th Nov 2009, 10:58
Mad_jock, I'm presuming that he means a HP-6000 owned by his wife....

Mutt

mad_jock
20th Nov 2009, 10:59
What a **** I am. :}

ORAC
20th Nov 2009, 11:44
Someone found a workround with the same model (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Display&thread.id=634)..... ;) (Then defienone of the other keys to allow you to select Hibernate)

seems a wide problem. The other more generic solution was to adjust the preset dimness as follows:

On start press F2...
enter the "BIOS"...
scroll down to "Video".....
click on "Brightness" this will bring up an adjustment bar, simply move this to maximum.

Loose rivets
21st Nov 2009, 00:14
Ouch! My aching bones. Been floor tiling today. However, thanks to this thread, my morning cup of tea was taken in between bursts of laughter.

Thanks for that and the info.:ok: