PDA

View Full Version : GAAP rules changed again ?

Back Pressure
20th Nov 2009, 05:22
Just heard YMMB ATIS - they have dropped the bit about clearance for non-active runways - does this mean CASA have retracted that silly requirement ?

ravan
20th Nov 2009, 05:55
Nope.... Still on ATIS at YBAF...Maybe think that pile-its at YMMB have learned the new rules by now but those at YBAF aren't so quick:}:}??????

Aussie
20th Nov 2009, 07:05
Since were on topic, care to fill us slower away from aus people in on the new rule?

AlJassmi
20th Nov 2009, 07:30
Previously at a GAAP aerodrome the non-active runways were classed as taxiways and could be used as desired. Now a clearance is required to cross/enter any runway.

Awol57
20th Nov 2009, 08:03
The requirement is now in AIP WEF 19 Nov 09 therefore we no longer have a requirement to put it on the ATIS.

Same with the Start Approval Required for Circuits. There is a permanent NOTAM out (at least for YPJT) so we no longer put it on the ATIS. Don't turn up at the holding point without a start though or you will almost certainly be turned away.

Trev007
20th Nov 2009, 09:15
What could possibly be the benefit of having to obtain a clearance to taxi past the under shoot and over shoot of a runway that is inactive and no one is using surely this is a ridiculous waste of ATC and pilots time
GAAP procedures when are they going to make their mind up and stop changing it all the time for F**K sake at YPPF the procedures have just been reversed back to what they were before the last change

twisties
20th Nov 2009, 09:21
Trev007

Could you shed light on what has changed back?

Thanks

PyroTek
20th Nov 2009, 09:44
when are they going to make their mind up and stop changing it all the time for F**K sake
I reckon sometime next year when it all changes to Class D

:ok:Pyro

wishiwasupthere
20th Nov 2009, 10:24
for F**K sake at YPPF the procedures have just been reversed back to what they were before the last change

I think Trev might be talking about the fact they have switched the inbound/outbound reporting points to the NE (Dam Wall/Substation) back to what I understand they were a few years back (inbound via Dam Wall, outbound via Substation). ASA f##ked up the latest ERSA and VTC though and didn't put the ammendments in their. The only way you would know that it has changed is by looking at the AIP SUP.

Track5milefinal
20th Nov 2009, 10:59
Obtaining a clearance to cross the undershoots of 26R and 26L on B when they aren't active is also an absolute joke at PF

PPRuNeUser0163
20th Nov 2009, 20:44
BackPressure,
FWIW this is now occuring on Bankstown ATIS as well and has caused many a pilots starting up for circuits to forget to request permission. I guess ASA thinks those big signs they put up on the main airport avenues is a good enough hint as well as the brochures they send out :)

Awol57
20th Nov 2009, 23:21
Acutally ASA assumes, perhaps incorrectly, that people will read their AIP and their NOTAMs prior to flight. Why would we keep putting it in the ATIS when its in AIP and NOTAMs.

Of course based on the number of people we have to educate everytime we are on single runway at JT I am betting the majority of people do not look at the NOTAMs prior to flight...