PDA

View Full Version : PNG Job Hunting Advice Please

R.J.
19th Nov 2009, 22:43
Hi,

I'm after any advice or help regarding flying in PNG, I'm looking for twin time and have been told that may be the place to go. Currently have my 1000 pic single and now getting desperate for work.
I've read most of the forums in DG&P regarding PNG and was wondering if anyone could shed new light (new information) regarding the matter.
If anyone knows of any twin operators in PNG or the general pacific area (or world for that matter, flying an NZCPL/ICAO) worth trying could you please let me know. I'm currently trying to get in contact with NCA.
Have sent a few (lot of) CV's out, but realise that the doorknock will be my best bet, now just trying to find the best place/places to do my knocking.
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards

R.J

HTFU
20th Nov 2009, 07:03
Yeah I'm looking for twin time too if ya hear anything let me know...

Lineboy4life
20th Nov 2009, 10:26
NCA - all the twin time a newbie can handle:ok:

...just bring a bullet-proof vest:}

HTFU
20th Nov 2009, 11:15
hey line boy, please educate me, whats NCA???

R.J.
21st Nov 2009, 00:26
Thanks lineboy, jokes aside, was seriously considering a ballistic vest, after the stories my mate flying there told me. But you got do what you got do I guess.

training wheels
21st Nov 2009, 03:06
hey line boy, please educate me, whats NCA???

NCA is North Coast Aviation (http://www.nca.com.pg/employment.htm)

carro
21st Nov 2009, 07:11
Could someone please PM me the current CP's name? Thanks

pill
22nd Nov 2009, 01:27
Great video on that link, thanks training wheels. 10 years ago it was not that hard for a young guy with a passport, stubby cooler and a sense of adventure to get a job there. Not sure now. If any part of choppers "harden up" applies to you, png's not your spot.

On Guard
22nd Nov 2009, 06:43
Why not try Darwin/NT? I haven't been for a while but the majors starting to hire so should be openings?