PDA

View Full Version : price sensitive

skypest
19th Nov 2009, 09:11
Firstly, I apologize if a similar thread has been started before which I am sure it has. I have searched but with no joy.
My question is where is cheaper Oz or U.S if I were to go for a few weeks to bash out as many R22 hours as possible in that time?
cheers.

Whirlygig
19th Nov 2009, 10:46
You may also wish to consider South Africa or New Zealand.

However, the only person who can answer that is you after some research. Depends on the school/operator from whom you hire, how many hours you wish to fly, cost of flights and accommodation etc whilst out there, exchange rate, loss of earnings/leave whilst away, licence validity etc.

But just to help; here are today's interbank exchange rates - and this is one of the major factors in deciding where's "cheap".

USD 1.67923
AUD 1.80574
NZD 2.25191
ZAR 12.5153

Cheers

Whirls

Pandalet
19th Nov 2009, 14:22
It also depends substantially on your negotiation skills. It's possible to get very cheap hours anywhere if you work at it.

spinwing
20th Nov 2009, 03:39
Mmmm ...

..... My question is where is cheaper Oz or U.S

Cost would also depend on where in those respective countries you wish to go and at what time of year .... ie if you pop up to use a machine when the operator is in a "slack" part of the year no doubt he will do a great deal for you to keep his machine working ....

Good luck

Trans Lift
21st Nov 2009, 21:48
You can fly with Boatpix in Florida for $150 dollars per hour in the 22. Thats one of the cheapest schools/companies that I know of. Of course you could always find some ferry flights for a bit cheaper. Dont know much about Oz though!

birrddog
18th Dec 2009, 03:04
Also check into how many aircraft they have, the general weather, and cost of living.

It's no good having the cheapest hourly rate, if it takes you longer due to scheduling availability and weather, and costs you more to live than it does to fly...