PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand BFR flight test in UK

andi1234
18th Nov 2009, 18:24
Hi everyone,

I'm currently living in the uk and looking to return to NZ soon. I have to get my licence current and I'm trying to do as much as possible here before going home. Anyone know if I can sit a New Zealand BFR in the UK? Is it a case of finding a New Zealand instructor or does the flight test have to be completed in NZ?

Cheers,

Andy

OA32
18th Nov 2009, 19:19
I think you'd be hard pushed to find a New Zealand Instructor in the UK, especially as New Zealand registered a/c are rare round these parts. You might have luck if any Air New Zealand pilots are instructors, but not guaranteed. Try this link for more info on what is allowed.

Pilots (http://www.caa.govt.nz/pilots/pilots.htm)

OA32

pheeel
19th Nov 2009, 09:17
yep you need a current NZ instructor but you can do it in the UK. I couldn't find one a few years ago when I needed it, but situation might be different now.:ok:

FlyingIsFun
20th Nov 2009, 19:38
Not sure about availability of NZ instructors in the UK, but the only NZ reg a/c in the UK I am aware of is ZK-KAY based with North West Parachute Centre at Cark Airfield. THe guy who flies it is a Kiw, so just maybe he has a way of doing BFR in the UK. The centre has a web site, maybe you can contact him through that.