PDA

View Full Version : Air Niugini Interview

Blokeman
18th Nov 2009, 04:15
I know a bloke who has a Air Niugini Interview. Can any of my fellow Aviators help out! Questions asked,how its run etc etc.If you have had an interview lately your input would be appreciated:ok:

Blokeman

Waghi Warrior
18th Nov 2009, 05:21
It's been a few years since I done it.
Nothing changes much up here so it probley hasn't changed much.

1/ They do a sim ride in the Dash that involves an ILS and an overshoot and a visual circuit at POM. No failures or BS.

2/ Tech quize,about 20 questions most people don't have too much trouble with this.

3/ Interview 30-60 minutes,typical general HR style interview. I felt that I could have been going for a job as at garbo or plumber,they didn't ask me any tech questions. 3 or 4 people on the interview panel,1 or 2 pilots and someone from HR.

Pritty straight forward I thought.

I know a few of the other guys also get onto this site,so you might get some more accurate info.

Interviews are usually done in Melbourne these days now.

Just slightly off the topic,has anyone who has recently been hired been offered a position on the Q400.

vee tail
18th Nov 2009, 07:05
Yep done one a few months back and the interview seems to be still the same cos thats what I did.

Some guys have been employed on the Dash fleet with TOT Q400 and intentions to move them onto them in not too distant future.:ok:

the wizard of auz
19th Nov 2009, 11:43
Juuuuust enough hours will cover it.:E

XanaduX
19th Nov 2009, 19:55
Wizard of Auz,

Thanks for your answer, it answered my question entirely...

:rolleyes:

If your experience (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/391482-indonesian-airline-advertisement-3.html#post5263407) is anything to go by, then you have more than enough. :rolleyes:

Pity they require real experience, though, not Microsoft Flight Sim hours. :E

the wizard of auz
20th Nov 2009, 09:52
No worries Wannabe. I figured with 9000+ hrs and jet command time, you wouldn't have to ask. but seeing as you did have to ask, I reckoned the answer you got should cover it. :ok: